Windows 10: Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid.

Discus and support Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got the following system: - Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (I7 / 16GB / 512GB) - Microsoft Surface Docking Station - Asus MX25AQ Monitor connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ɹnɥʇɹɐ, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid.

I've got the following system:
    - Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (I7 / 16GB / 512GB)
    - Microsoft Surface Docking Station
    - Asus MX25AQ Monitor connected to Docking Station via Displayport
    - Logitech keyboard connected to Docking Station via USB
    - Logitech mouse connected to Docking Station via USB
    - LAN connected to Docking Station

If I start the laptop with lid open everything works fine.
    Microsoft finds both realtek HD speaker on Laptop and MX25AQ monitor speakers and I can switch speakers from notebook to monitor and back using the volume icon.
    When I close the laptop lid the screen I can see the monitor in full resolution, but MX25AQ audio disappears and I can only hear sound from the laptop.
    If I open the lid again it is still gone.
    For audio on MX25AQ monitor to work I need to restart windows with laptop lid closed.

Is there an option that when I close the lid of the laptop audio will switch to the MX25AQ monitor or at least not remove the MX25AQ option from volume icon ?

--- moved from NL-NL ---

:)

ɹnɥʇɹɐ, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Monitor settings when close laptop lid

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What is the version and
      build of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver to get this info.
    2. May I know the Make and the model of the computer and external monitor?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer before this issue occurred?

We also suggest following the steps below and check if it makes any difference.

Since you are facing issue with the Secondary monitor, I would suggest you to
    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Additionally refer this article on Second
    screen or Projector mode does not persist after you close and reopen a laptop lid

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Sep 8, 2019
  3. HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

HDMI Audio for some reason decides to disable itself when the lid is closed. i have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. when the lid is OPEN, audio is routed to the TV as its supposed to be. but when i close the lid, it forces the audio to switch back
    to the internal speakers, with NO WAY AT ALL to switch back without reopening the lid. is there a setting for this? it is incredibly annoying, and i have changed numerous settings related to closing the lid and it makes no difference.

Windows 10, 1809

build 17763.379

64 bit

AMD Athlon II, m300 2.1 GHZ, 8 GB RAM installed

LuigiPlayer64, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid.

HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of your PC?

This issue could be possibly be due to the laptop speakers taking priority over the HDMI when the lid is closed. You may want to try the methods listed below and check if it works:

Method 1

Unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable:

• Close the lid and unplug the HDMI connection from laptop.
    • Wait for a few seconds and plug the HDMI back in.

Method 2

Manage Default Audio Device:

• Right click the Speaker icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, set the
      HDMI Output
      as the Default device.

Note: If HDMI
    is not visible, right click on a blank space under the Playback
    tab and choose Show disabled devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid.

1. Monitor Audio speakers disappears when closing lid. - Similar Threads - Monitor Audio speakers

2. Keep external monitors on when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep external monitors on when laptop lid is closed: I use 2 external monitors and when I was setting up my ThinkPad - I do not see where I can have the external monitors stay on once I close the laptop lid. I have Windows Pro 11....
  3. Keep external monitors on when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep external monitors on when laptop lid is closed: I use 2 external monitors and when I was setting up my ThinkPad - I do not see where I can have the external monitors stay on once I close the laptop lid. I have Windows Pro 11....
  4. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  5. Monitor speaker disappears from volume icon when closing Surface 2 laptop lid.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor speaker disappears from volume icon when closing Surface 2 laptop lid.: I've got the following system: - Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (I7 / 16GB / 512GB) - Microsoft Surface Docking Station - Asus MX25AQ Monitor connected to Docking Station via Displayport - Logitech keyboard connected to Docking Station via USB - Logitech mouse connected to...
  6. Monitor settings when close laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor settings when close laptop lid: Hi, I usually connect a secondary monitor to my laptop and close the lid. This worked fine until today. When I close the lid the monitor indicates that the source settings are higher than it can handle and it indicates me to change them to 1600x900 60Hz. However, I can't do...
  7. Using External Monitors with lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using External Monitors with lid closed: I had my set up work before. I have a laptop and 2 monitors. One monitor is connected via VGA cord and the other via HDMI. When I shut the lid of the laptop the monitor connected via VGA disconnects and wants to go into power saving mode, like if the computer went to...
  8. HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed: HDMI Audio for some reason decides to disable itself when the lid is closed. i have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. when the lid is OPEN, audio is routed to the TV as its supposed to be. but when i close the lid, it forces the audio to switch back to the internal...
  9. HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed: HDMI Audio for some reason decides to disable itself when the lid is closed. i have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. when the lid is OPEN, audio is routed to the TV as its supposed to be. but when i close the lid, it forces the audio to switch back to the internal...
  10. Close laptop lid - external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Close laptop lid - external monitor: I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. My new laptop (Asus) does not do this and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro need audio with lid closed