Windows 10: Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

Discus and support Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently added a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX960. My main monitor is a Samsung connected via DP cable and the second is a Viewsonic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennyDatrio, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

I have recently added a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX960. My main monitor is a Samsung connected via DP cable and the second is a Viewsonic connected via DVI. My monitors are set to go to sleep after ten minutes. They turn off when they are supposed to but the Samsung backlights come on and stay on. Just the backlights, no desktop. It is also very random. Can happen after a few minutes or several hours. I have been in contact with NVIDIA and Samsung and also have spent a lot of time researching this. Can't find a solution. I have Windows 10 64bit with all the current updates and the latest drivers for my graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

KennyDatrio, Sep 5, 2019
  2. mra2001 Win User

My monitor goes to sleep as normal but later the backlight on the monitor comes on.

Original Title: LCD Backlight Problems.

"I have a hp z420 workstation with a hp la2405x monitor after installing windows 10 everything goes to sleep as normal but later the backlight on the monitor comes on . Any ideas?"

mra2001, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Larry3408 Win User

Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

1. Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Monitor backlights during

2. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  5. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  7. Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...

Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...: Assuming sleep mode consumes say 1% an hour - if I set for example "hibernate after 600 mins" - and my battery is only 10% - its likely the system will lose power before entering hibernate. Before entering sleep - is current % checked against sleep->hibernate time - or does...
  8. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  9. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  10. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...