Windows 10: Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

Discus and support Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently added a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX960. My main monitor is a Samsung connected via DP cable and the second is a Viewsonic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennyDatrio, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

I have recently added a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX960. My main monitor is a Samsung connected via DP cable and the second is a Viewsonic connected via DVI. My monitors are set to go to sleep after ten minutes. They turn off when they are supposed to but the Samsung backlights come on and stay on. Just the backlights, no desktop. It is also very random. Can happen after a few minutes or several hours. I have been in contact with NVIDIA and Samsung and also have spent a lot of time researching this. Can't find a solution. I have Windows 10 64bit with all the current updates and the latest drivers for my graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

KennyDatrio, Sep 5, 2019
  2. mra2001 Win User

My monitor goes to sleep as normal but later the backlight on the monitor comes on.

Original Title: LCD Backlight Problems.

"I have a hp z420 workstation with a hp la2405x monitor after installing windows 10 everything goes to sleep as normal but later the backlight on the monitor comes on . Any ideas?"

mra2001, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Larry3408 Win User

Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

1. Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Monitor backlights during

2. sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode: Every time my computer goes into sleeo mode I have to enter my password to access programs again. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/f8bed0d4-ac2c-4b4f-a4ee-05641b74fc63
  3. Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode: My UK-based Community Hall recently installed a door entry system which uses software stored on an on-site Windows 10 laptop. The laptop is normally left in sleep mode, but actively registers all door use while in that mode. It is only switched on when entry fobs need...
  4. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  5. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  6. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems): This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as...
  7. Sleep on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep on Monitor: Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix? 34569
  8. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...
  9. Monitors are sleeping

Monitors are sleeping: Since reimaging my work laptop to 10 my monitors keep going to sleep. I have selected the performance plan and changed the monitor sleep timeout to 1 hour on both battery and AC. I've even checked through the advanced settings yet my monitors keep turning off after less than...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.: Running a fairly fresh install of Windows 10. (not upgrade). Was having no problems. I really like Windows 10 so far. I upgraded my graphics card from gtx650 to a gtx960 this is when a minor problem began. The monitor turns off after 10 minutes, even if I have 'NEVER'...