Windows 10: Monitor black-out

Discus and support Monitor black-out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1Willbilly, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Monitor black-out

All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to shut down and restart. Diagnostics show all is well with all the hardware. Is this a Windows 10 problem or what?

:)

1Willbilly, Feb 16, 2020

2. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Monitor black-out

External Monitor is detected, but black

My monitor was working perfectly this morning. I left for lunch and came back to a black screen. I've tried installing updates and the hdmi cord, but nothing has fixed this.

The monitor is detected, as I can drag windows over to it. It's just black. Any suggestions?

HeatherClark2, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Monitor black-out

1. Monitor black-out - Similar Threads - Monitor black

2. My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.: Previously i was connected with HDMI, when changed to Display Port, issue started happening more frequently. Ive updated all the drivers yet not able to figure out what the issue is with. Also i was hearing device getting plugged in/out sound when this was happening. I...
  3. My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.: Previously i was connected with HDMI, when changed to Display Port, issue started happening more frequently. Ive updated all the drivers yet not able to figure out what the issue is with. Also i was hearing device getting plugged in/out sound when this was happening. I...
  4. Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 4080 Both monitors go black with low and/or high load, sound stays on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 4080 Both monitors go black with low and/or high load, sound stays on...: Hey :D Idk if I can get helped, but Ill leave this right here 030724-10375-01.dmp and also this one Windows Logs-System-All Events.evtx . I have done many things and I've been struggling with this issue for over a year. I have change and tried many different pc parts, cables,...
  5. Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 4080 Both monitors go black with low and/or high load, sound stays on...

Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 4080 Both monitors go black with low and/or high load, sound stays on...: Hey :D Idk if I can get helped, but Ill leave this right here 030724-10375-01.dmp and also this one Windows Logs-System-All Events.evtx . I have done many things and I've been struggling with this issue for over a year. I have change and tried many different pc parts, cables,...
  6. Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 4080 Both monitors go black with low and/or high load, sound stays on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. LG monitor flickers with weird black pattern when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG monitor flickers with weird black pattern when typing: Hey everyone, So the issue I am having seems to right now only occur when I'm using EDGE. Seems to happen more when I click on a video and it goes to Bing video and starts playing, even when I stop the video and start typing I have this weird pattern that pops up on my screen...
  8. LG monitor flickers with weird black pattern when typing

LG monitor flickers with weird black pattern when typing: Hey everyone, So the issue I am having seems to right now only occur when I'm using EDGE. Seems to happen more when I click on a video and it goes to Bing video and starts playing, even when I stop the video and start typing I have this weird pattern that pops up on my screen...
  9. Monitor slowly black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor slowly black: When I turn on the computer, everything is normal, but suddenly the screen disappears slowly and does not work at all, but the computer is working. Do you have a solution to the problem and I do not know where the problem comes from in the first place?...
  10. Monitor slowly black

Monitor slowly black: When I turn on the computer, everything is normal, but suddenly the screen disappears slowly and does not work at all, but the computer is working. Do you have a solution to the problem and I do not know where the problem comes from in the first place?...