Windows 10: Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

Discus and support Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanWQ, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a video on websites such as HBO Max, Spectrum TV, Netflix, the monitor will be rendered useless and black screen. I initially suspected this was an issue with HDR, however I feel relatively confident that this isn't the case. I turned off HDR on the monitor and my laptop settings, as well as tried playing a regular YouTub

:)

JonathanWQ, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

1. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware?? - Similar Threads - Monitor black screens

2. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games: My PC has been crashing literally a few seconds into booting specific games, so far I've encountered this issue with Forza Horizon 5 and Palworld. The event viewer logs just say "The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected."Initially I thought my driver store...
  3. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games: My PC has been crashing literally a few seconds into booting specific games, so far I've encountered this issue with Forza Horizon 5 and Palworld. The event viewer logs just say "The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected."Initially I thought my driver store...
  4. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??: Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a...
  6. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  7. Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos: I run three monitors off my Lenovo ThinkPad L580 via docking station. Occasionally I'll run across a website that will cause one of my monitors to go blank gray (usually monitor #2). The monitor is still identified and the computer believes it's working properly, but the...
  8. Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players

Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players: When I try to play videos on youtube, openload, Movies&TV and probably a bunch of other players (haven't checked) whole screen turns black, not just the video no matter if its fullscreen or not. I cant even see the cursor. The only way to turn the screen back on is to blindly...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343