Windows 10: Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver

Discus and support Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a continuation of an old problem I reported on 2 years ago. I've now had a second monitor backlight destroyed from the constant once per second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by M A Weiss, May 20, 2021.

1. M A Weiss Win User

Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver

This is a continuation of an old problem I reported on 2 years ago. I've now had a second monitor backlight destroyed from the constant once per second power cycling and I really need to get this fixed.Asus Z390P motherboard, 64GB RAM, GTX 1060, LP3065 monitor from HP.The problem is that when the monitor shuts down aft

:)

M A Weiss, May 20, 2021

2. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 20, 2021
  3. Monitor Display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 20, 2021
  4. Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver

Installed Windows 10, monitor display problems

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query in Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this issue.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

Methods 1:

Set your screen resolution needs to be at least1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

If this doesn't help update the display drivers.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver

1. Monitor Blinks On/Off When Windows Shuts off Display Even with new graphics driver - Similar Threads - Monitor Blinks Off

2. Monitor just shuts off even after replacing cables and updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor just shuts off even after replacing cables and updating drivers.: I have a trans friend and due to them coming out fairly recently they have yet to change lots of their accounts and erase their dead name from their life.One place their dead name was at was the root user folder on Windows 10. And so 1 week ago we went through the process of...
  3. Monitor just shuts off even after replacing cables and updating drivers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor just shuts off even after replacing cables and updating drivers.: I have a trans friend and due to them coming out fairly recently they have yet to change lots of their accounts and erase their dead name from their life.One place their dead name was at was the root user folder on Windows 10. And so 1 week ago we went through the process of...
  4. Monitor just shuts off even after replacing cables and updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  6. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  7. Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ?: Hi Folks, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Have a new LG 27" 4K Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no...
  8. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...
  9. After 24 days 12 hours, Windows Doesn't Shut off Monitor Fully--it Blinks On/Off/On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After 24 days 12 hours, Windows Doesn't Shut off Monitor Fully--it Blinks On/Off/On: The monitor on my system is set to shut off after ten minutes. For the first 24 days since bootup, it works as it should. but as soon as the elapsed time reaches 24d, 12h, the monitor blinks on off on off once per second. The CPU utilization shows spikes that correspond to...
  10. monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...