Windows 10: Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen

Discus and support Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn on my PC, the sign un screen is greyscaled, the wrong resolution lower than native of 2k and frozen so I cant sign in etc. I have changed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LucasB12345, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen

When I turn on my PC, the sign un screen is greyscaled, the wrong resolution lower than native of 2k and frozen so I cant sign in etc.

I have changed my display port cable connection and tried hdmi and the issue remainsi have tried with a different monitor and the issue remains.

Grpahics card is a gtx 3070.

Monitor is a lg gl 27gl850-B

More info can be provided on request.

:)

LucasB12345, Mar 22, 2021
  2. TopGeek Win User

Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select 'Advanced options' and then 'Continue to Windows 10', the resolution changes to the correct format.
    A week or so back, I went back to a previous set point and that seemed to cure the problem. Then it returned.
    Can anyone suggest what is happening?

TopGeek, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Jon Doe Win User

Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen

Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

Hi,
    When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768.
    When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide modes" in the advanced monitor setting but still no 1360x768.
    The other PC connected to the KVM switch is running XP and that works fine on 1360x768 so I know the KVM is capable of using this setting.
    How can I fix this?
    I was thinking there must be a way of manually setting and locking the resolution or turning of the auto monitor detection.

I did some googling and found a program which looked like it would help but not for the Intel chipset (using on board graphics).

Many thanks

JD

Jon Doe, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen

1. Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen - Similar Threads - Monitor boots greyscaled

2. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  3. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  4. Frozen Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Monitor: So I have a laptop connected to my monitor. Everything was going fine and I was taking a break. My laptop goes to sleep, I wake it up then my laptop monitor just becomes a backlight. I restarted my laptop and updated my drivers. Later, I tried to unfreeze it and it works......
  5. One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution: I've got a laptop running Windows 10, and use the laptop monitor plus two external monitors, one via HDMI and another via VGA port. This has worked fine for years without any hardware changes. Recently when I come out of sleep, one of the monitors is displaying the wrong...
  6. windows boots in wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows boots in wrong resolution: when I boot windows it starts in 1024x768 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boots-in-wrong-resolution/5a6239d6-a4a2-4bff-8e27-543801467fed
  7. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  8. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  9. Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot: This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select...
  10. Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch: Hi, When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768. When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boots at wrong resolution