Windows 10: Monitor Brightness

Discus and support Monitor Brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelAdamski, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Monitor Brightness

Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system.

For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10.

:)

MichaelAdamski, Nov 26, 2020

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Monitor Brightness

Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Brightness

1. Monitor Brightness - Similar Threads - Monitor Brightness

2. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  3. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  4. How to stop the monitor brightness to fluctuate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the monitor brightness to fluctuate?: When I'm waching a movie/video/ playing a game, and the image is darker / when is night in the movie, the brightness go down. How can I stop doing that? It's a Samsung monitor conected to the HP laptop W11Thank you!...
  5. How to stop the monitor brightness to fluctuate?

How to stop the monitor brightness to fluctuate?: When I'm waching a movie/video/ playing a game, and the image is darker / when is night in the movie, the brightness go down. How can I stop doing that? It's a Samsung monitor conected to the HP laptop W11Thank you!...
  6. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  7. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  8. After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low: After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low when it's display port version is 1.4.It's back to normal when I put the display version in monitor settings to 1.2 or turn the monitor off and on again.So I think the issue is refers to display...
  9. After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low

After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low: After installation of update KB5033375, My LG 4K Monitor brightness gets very low when it's display port version is 1.4.It's back to normal when I put the display version in monitor settings to 1.2 or turn the monitor off and on again.So I think the issue is refers to display...
  10. I have windows 10 version 22h2 the monitor flashing random bright colors when idle or just...

I have windows 10 version 22h2 the monitor flashing random bright colors when idle or just...: I reinstalled windows 10 to see if maybe it was a software issue. I cleaned the computer, installed new ram ddr3rl 16g , no dirt all clean. I checked all wires , cables ,connections all secure. But for some reason the monitor displays random flashing colors. So I've did the...