Windows 10: Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

Discus and support Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tenyom1, Oct 20, 2021.

1. tenyom1 Win User

Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an external monitor would be an issue. I tried difference monitor and there is still no sound.

:)

tenyom1, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

Hi Eric,

As per the information provided, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the sound protrudes through the system.

1. Right click on the Sound Icon located on the notification area, and select Playback Devices.

2. Here while the monitor is plugged to the PC, select your monitor device.

3. Here highlight the device and click on Properties.

4. On the next window, under Device Usage, select Don't use this device (Disable).

5. Once done, follow steps 1 - 3, and instead of clicking on Properties click on Configure.

6. Follow the on screen instructions and check

Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

1. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work - Similar Threads - Monitor built HDMI

2. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  3. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  4. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  5. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  7. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  8. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  9. HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues: Recently on two different computers, I've attempted to connect a second monitor with HDMI and runi into major problems. On one computer, I was able to get a picture but no sound. On the second computer, I got nothing. No picture, no sound, no connection at all. I've...
  10. Monitor HDMI's not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...