Windows 10: Monitor Cable Question

Discus and support Monitor Cable Question in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a dell xps 15 9550 that i connect 2 monitors to. Both monitors are 1920x1200 resolution and 24'. I had to buy 2 cables... one is an hdmi to hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Monitor Cable Question

I have a dell xps 15 9550 that i connect 2 monitors to. Both monitors are 1920x1200 resolution and 24'. I had to buy 2 cables... one is an hdmi to hdmi cable to connect to one of the monitors. The other cable i bought was a usb-c to displayport to the other monitor and it works good.

I want to now connect my dell xps 15 9550 to an old monitor i have which is called the dell 2007fp

Amazon.com: Dell 2007FP 20.1 Inch Ultrasharp 1600x1200 Flat Panel Monitor with Height-Adjustable stand C9536: Gateway

I do not have access to the monitor now but will be planning to use it later temporary only. Now what cable would i need for this based on my dell xps 15 9550? So i read that monitor uses dvi or vga so those are the only 2 options?

So that would mean i could use what cables to connect it?

hdmi to dvi ?
    hdmi to vga?

Is there any other cable that would work for this?

So this is what i would want?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics HL-007347 HDMI Input to DVI Output Adapter Cable - 6 Feet: Home Audio Theater

:)

paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2019

2. Computer problem with monitor

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening, like problem with monitor, cables, hardware. We'd like to ask few questions below to isolate the issue:

• Have you tried using a different monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different set of cables?
    • What other troubleshooting step have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Martin Bar, Mar 24, 2019
  3. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Monitor Cable Question

win 10 it keeps dropping my second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to answer the below questions to understand the issue better.

• What happens when you interchange the monitors and check?
    • Did you check interchanging the VGA and power cables of both the monitors?
    Please provide more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Cable Question

1. Monitor Cable Question - Similar Threads - Monitor Cable Question

2. Corsair 12VHPWR cable question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corsair 12VHPWR cable question: I planned to get a Corsair 12VHPWR cable rather than use the GPU vendor's 12VHPWR adapter due to messy cables. But then outside of the Steam Community, I was told that the cable is bad for the RTX 4080. Is that true? Cable in question source:...
  3. Monitor Scaling Issues - HDR Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Scaling Issues - HDR Cable: Sometimes when I switch between my laptop and monitor, the monitor screen will adjust to a size like this:Above is the annoying scaling. Below is how it usually is:I'm wondering how I can get it back to the normal size through settings on the laptop. Usually to get it back to...
  4. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Which cables needed for monitor?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which cables needed for monitor?: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 6 and need to know the cable needed to attached a Lenova monitor. Preferably the Lenova docking station. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-cables-needed-for-monitor/39646b8a-afc8-4c95-b2fe-6fa87cc12b9d
  7. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  8. Question about Cat5E cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Cat5E cable: Hi all I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box. The other one works on laptop only. What are the reason that the other cable doesn't work on PS3 and streaming box. 121079
  9. Monitor shows no input cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor shows no input cable: My monitor is always showing no input cable and goes to sleep but the pc works normally. I need to restart 15-20 times ,but something when monitor start it shows display driver failed to start ;using Microsoft basic display instead I heve tried everything from reinstalling...
  10. Dual Monitor Y-Cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Y-Cable: I did, some years ago, implement a couple of dual monitor solutions with Dell machines using a Y-Cable provided by Dell (using a DMS59 socket on the computer). I'd like to do that at home now. I have a Radeon 7850, which has a fully populated DVI-I-plug (i.e. two monitor...