Windows 10: Monitor Calibration - Old TV Test Cards ?

Discus and support Monitor Calibration - Old TV Test Cards ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there With 24 hr TV broadcasting these days you don't get to see the old Test Cards any more -- these were excellent - especially things like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Mar 19, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Monitor Calibration - Old TV Test Cards ?

Hi there
    With 24 hr TV broadcasting these days you don't get to see the old Test Cards any more -- these were excellent - especially things like the BBC which had also on the darkest Black and the Whitest white rectangles a little spot ("Blacker than Black / Whiter than White") so you could calibrate the screen accurately.

Any live transmissions of these anywhere available a satelite channel perhaps -- it's no point downloading images as these will already have had other adjustments in them already.

Youngsters will probably never have seen a testcard so here's an image of what I mean. Terrible quality of image though. Useless for calibration.

Monitor Calibration - Old TV Test Cards ? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2019

2. Calibrating my monitor

I used the built-in display calibration program in Windows 10.
    This article explains the process: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/c...tor-windows-10
    First, I set the brightness and contrast on my monitor with it's built-in adjustments so that it looked fairly good to my eyes. Then, I opened Nvidia control panel beside the window for for the calibration program and fine-tuned each setting in Nvidia control panel until the test images looked like the Windows calibrator said they should look in the instructions before each step.

MattMcD488, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Calibrating my monitor

I cant use windows own calibration tool because it resets everytime i play a game. I was pretty satisfied with the calibration that i did with windows though.

@Cliff S thanks, will try it out.

Cerawy, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Cerawy Win User

Calibrating monitor

I did the steps in the tutorial, but it didnt make any difference. Im using the default settings on my monitor, which is 70 contrast and 100 brightness. I cant really seem to get a good result using nvidias control panel. My monitor is too bright or too dark, and sometimes painful for my eyes.

Cerawy, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor Calibration - Old TV Test Cards ? - Similar Threads - Monitor Calibration Old

2. Naif Batarfi Credit card Buy Old TV 1950

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Naif Batarfi Credit card Buy Old TV 1950: Rzfdyhjhnerfsgsjynrfssgttgrrfsshtgnr4sfshjtgygsfthsjtergsds4edjsvsyyh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/naif-batarfi-credit-card-buy-old-tv-1950/14b68e02-9187-4b78-bf49-3bebecccccb1
  3. Naif Batarfi Credit card Buy Old TV 1950

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Naif Batarfi Credit card Buy Old TV 1950: Rzfdyhjhnerfsgsjynrfssgttgrrfsshtgnr4sfshjtgygsfthsjtergsds4edjsvsyyh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/naif-batarfi-credit-card-buy-old-tv-1950/14b68e02-9187-4b78-bf49-3bebecccccb1
  4. Calibrating the colors on my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating the colors on my monitor: I'm trying to calibrate the colors on my monitor. I have this monitor. I'm using the digital vibrance setting from nvidia's control panel, and the colors are great. The only problem is, that a few colors, in particular green, looks way too oversaturated. 177424
  5. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  6. Found Old SSD Card, How To Test It Out?

Found Old SSD Card, How To Test It Out?: I have an old laptop that no longer works and notice there is an SD card in the slot. All i says on it is SD ... nothing else. How do i test this SD card? I went to my amazon history and saw many years ago i bought a 32gb sd card but the one that is listed which i did buy......
  7. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  8. Dual monitor colour calibration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor colour calibration: I've been trying to figure this out for a decent amount of time and it's driving me nuts now. I have two identical brand and type of monitors, a Nvidia graphics card (1060) with the most up to date drivers (I already re-installed them). The monitors aren't aligned color-wise....
  9. Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration

Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration: Hi all, Jumping right into this in a first post because I'm desperate. I have years of experience with windows but I can't find info anywhere: When I plug in a micro hdmi cable to my Lenovo tablet to use for watching TV (because so-called smart tv software should be...
  10. Calibrating monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating monitor: What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast/digitalvibrance but I can't really seem to find a setting that im satisfied with... I have also tried a colormunki smile device but...