Windows 10: Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can

Discus and support Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a new system with Asus H370-F mobo, Gigabyte GTX1060 display, an old Dell monitor connected with DVI and newly installed windows 10. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by senderj, Jan 9, 2019.

1. senderj Win User

Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can

I just built a new system with Asus H370-F mobo, Gigabyte GTX1060 display, an old Dell monitor connected with DVI and newly installed windows 10. All mobo drivers are from Asus and the display driver is from Nvidia, all the latest. Power setting of all hardware and windows are default, except hibernation is disabled. The problem is after the system goes to sleep due to inactivity or explicitly click Sleep, moving the mouse or a key stroke will wake up the system (DVD drive blinking, HDD turning, power LED long on), but not the monitor. The only method to get the screen back is to press reset button. After this, it starts as if it is a reboot: i.e. POST screen (where I can enter BIOS), then windows loading screen, then logon screen. But then after logon, instead of a fresh windows logon session (as I can expected from a reboot), it resume the session before it sleep, i.e. all software that was running reappear. Hope somebody can tell me what is wrong.

:)

senderj, Jan 9, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Stavros Win User

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can - Similar Threads - Monitor cannot wake

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  5. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  6. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  7. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  8. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  9. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell monitor cannot wake up from sleep