Windows 10: monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions

Discus and support monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I got a color shifting problem. The colors of my entire screen switch suddenly to a greener\ yellowish tint most of the time. I bought recently a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dariospoto, Feb 5, 2020.

1. monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions

Hi, I got a color shifting problem. The colors of my entire screen switch suddenly to a greener\ yellowish tint most of the time.
    I bought recently a new screen and because of a hardware issue I got it changed already I had some lines showing up on the first screen but the color problem persist in both monitors.
    The strange behaviour disappears sometimes but I still don't get what triggers it.
    One example is when I hide all the icon of my desktop the colors get back to normal but whenever there is anything else on the desktop the problem shows up again. Other example: when I play a videogame and I am for example on a menu, if I highlight something in the menu for example start new game the problem could be gone, but when I highlight something else the problem comes back.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

I've the latest windows update, graphic card driver, monitor drivers. I also tried to uninstall the graphic card driver and put an older one. I've tried 3 different hdmi cable. I've tried the display port as well.

I've also noticed that when I put my screen at 50 hz instead of 60hz the shift in colors is much less.

Btw I have a

MSI Laptop GV62 7RE
    i7 7700HQ
    16 gb Ram
    intel graphics HD 630
    Geforce GTX 1050Ti
    monitor Viewsonic VP2458

windows 10 64 bit build 18363

:)

Dariospoto, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

change color

Hi Diane,

Some people find certain text and background color combinations difficult to read, while others prefer to always have a specific color such as white text on a black background. You can modify the background color or picture of your desktop the
    way you want it to be. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to properly change the desktop background colors.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Color Temperature

Thank you! There was no Adobe one there but I just chose another one which had the normal color temperature. Thanks again

FilipeFerrari, Feb 5, 2020
  4. monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions

1. monitor changing color temperature under certain conditions - Similar Threads - monitor changing color

2. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 on a HP Elitebook x360 1040 G8. When the display of my laptop faces a bright light e.g. sun, lamp, ..., the colors of the screen automatically change they become more white, i.e. kind of like an over exposed image. In a dark room or if I cover the...
  3. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 on a HP Elitebook x360 1040 G8. When the display of my laptop faces a bright light e.g. sun, lamp, ..., the colors of the screen automatically change they become more white, i.e. kind of like an over exposed image. In a dark room or if I cover the...
  4. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. monitor randomly changing colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor randomly changing colors: my monitor when left alone changes colors a bit. it becomes darker and less bright when i leave it alone for literally 2 minutes. help me now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-randomly-changing-colors/afbe4440-0ee0-494d-81ae-e32b7682e80d
  6. "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System Sounds" volume is being reset under certain conditions - this seems like a bug: There are inconsistencies with the "system sounds" volume being changed. This might be something to do with the realtek driver. I would appreciate some help on how this can be fixed. Please see the conditions below.1. If the master volume controller is used on its own the...
  7. Changing Colors for the Monitor

Changing Colors for the Monitor: I need to know whether it is possible to configure the system to display a certain color differently. For example, I want to change the white color to dark yellow, so that the monitor may never display 100 percent white color, displaying the specified yellow hue instead....
  8. Windows 10 Color Temperature Change Undesired. Update?

Windows 10 Color Temperature Change Undesired. Update?: As the title says seems my whole system has gotten 'WARMER' which I do not want. I need my display to be as color accurate as possible. I am aware of the 'Night Mode' which I used to like to engage after work, but now the controls as well as a few others are 'Greyed Out'...
  9. Help me. I changed the color temperature.

Help me. I changed the color temperature.: I changed the color temperature in the settings. To cinematic. This display setting is more comfortable for me. Now I just can't remember where that tab is. Windows doesn't label it as color temperature and internet search will confuse it with a windows color profile. I was...
  10. CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors

CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors: When you click on the arrow beside the "fill color" or "font color" icons you see a drop down that has Theme Colors and also Standard colors. The Standard colors has a limit of only 10 colors that are selected when you first start using Excel. These are colors you predict...