Windows 10: Monitor colors aren't looking natural

Discus and support Monitor colors aren't looking natural in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently bought a second monitor, a Acer QG241Y, but my graphics card had only one HDMI port and 3 display ports so i had to buy a adapter cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Begnomek, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Begnomek Win User

Monitor colors aren't looking natural

I recently bought a second monitor, a Acer QG241Y, but my graphics card had only one HDMI port and 3 display ports so i had to buy a adapter cable. WHen i connected the monitor to my pc, the first thing that caught my eye were the colors. They weren't looking as on y first monitor connected through HDMI > HDMI (graphics card). I thought that i'll just change the monitor setting to the same i have on the first one and change some nvidia contorl panel settings etc, but it still didn't look that good, even the black looks like dark gray. I know that it isn't a very good proffesional gaming monitor but still, the first monitor is looking a lot better. Could it be because of the adapter? I also couldn't set my hz to 75 , only to 60 (on the second one connected via a adapter). I know that it's a Adapter and adapters have some limitations from what i know, but is there a way for example change more settings to match a normal screen? or maybe are there Better adapters for me to buy to get better colors and refresh rates.

My Specs:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Ryzen 5 2600
    16Gb or Ram

My windows version: Version 2004 19041.685

:)

Begnomek, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 20, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Every color on my monitor is different

Hi Brandon

From your description, there is no consistency with the color problems you are encountering . . .

I looked up "color green" and it is blue - that means yellow is missing

I looked up "color purple" and it is red - that means blue is missing

I looked up "color blue" and it is purple - that means too much red

I would suggest, the problem is not your PC that it is a problem with the new monitor, it is either not calibrated correctly or a hardware issue . . .

Is there a menu on that monitor, where you can re-calibrate the color from?

If you connect another monitor to your PC are the colors okay, if so, then it is a problem with the new monitor and you should get a replacement . . .

DaveM121, Dec 20, 2020
  4. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Monitor colors aren't looking natural [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor colors aren't looking natural - Similar Threads - Monitor colors aren't

2. split color monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    split color monitor: My computer monitor has been split into two one part is white and the other part dark which blurs everything there. How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-color-monitor/3b7802be-33aa-402c-8e1d-320ad74eb11b
  3. Changing Colors for the Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Colors for the Monitor: I need to know whether it is possible to configure the system to display a certain color differently. For example, I want to change the white color to dark yellow, so that the monitor may never display 100 percent white color, displaying the specified yellow hue instead....
  4. Orange color on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange color on monitor: My monitor is showing a lot of orange color. I've been looking on line for help and tried some of the suggestions but nothing is working. I see information saying it's a problem with Windows 10 but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  5. Looking for a new monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a new monitor: Budget 1200$ 1440p 165 hz / gsync hdr , pc spec intel core i 7 9700k Ram ,G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB Silver 2x16GB DDR4 4000Mhz CL19 GPU ( waiting for 3080 ti ) mobo 390m asus psu 750w
  6. MSI GV72 pictures colors aren't real

MSI GV72 pictures colors aren't real: Hello guys! I got some MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H Hex Core, 16GB DDR4, 6GB GeForce GTX 1060 Ti. Used one, not new, from ebay. And I'm trying to get real pictures imaging on it. The problem is, at the moment, pictures are some art... I don't know how to explain. Without deep...
  7. Monitor Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Color: My monitor color is pink - how to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-color/3cdc2955-fc9b-49d0-8f3f-0e929c58bd4b
  8. Monitor Display Colors

Monitor Display Colors: Cat walked on keyboard. Now the colors are all wrong. What can I do to return it to factory color settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-display-colors/a8292099-ba58-407e-a68a-20766fedb93b
  9. Monitor color settings

Monitor color settings: I have 2 monitors which I have been using with my Windows 10 system. Yesterday they suddenly turned a kind of light reddish sepia colour. Both of them at the same time. When I start Windows up, both monitors are very briefly OK but almost immediately the sepia pops in. I use...
  10. Monitor lost color

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor lost color: I have Acer flat screen monitor which has been work very well for a couple years. After cleaning the desktop and keyboard the monitor still works except there is no color. Any ideas 103533