Windows 10: Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res?

Discus and support Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hapstipo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hapstipo, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res?

/u/Hapstipo, Apr 2, 2021

2. Windows locks hz to all monitors if animations

Upon further checking on your concern, this is a design limitation as Windows tries to sync both monitors. It treats both monitors as 1, thus it drops the FPS on the 144 HZ monitor.

We suggest that you can submit this issue using the feedback application on your computer.

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Leifus44 Win User
    Windows locks hz to all monitors if animations

Hi, I and many others have a problem with our monitor hz with Windows 10, we have had this since Windows 10 got released and i think it was in windows 8 too.

So I have 3 monitor 2 60hz monitors and 1 165hz monitor. Whenever something is moving/or animated on either of my 60hz monitors it turns my 165hz monitor down to 60 hz.

Here is a video that are showing the issue:

Is there a solution to this, so it doesn't turn my hz down when multitasking?

To replicate this problem, I play games inn borderless mode on my 165hz and look at videos at the same time, move explorer windows and such on my 60hz. I also tested it with vsyncteste.com that show the hz of the monitor you have it on.

Update:

From what I have been able to gather is that DWM.exe(Desktop Window Manager) do force double or triple buffering vsync and could be the cause of this problem.

Leifus44, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res?

3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res?

1. Monitor connected and wokring, only 1, but I cant acess hz? only res? - Similar Threads - Monitor connected wokring

2. Only 1 of my three monitors works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 of my three monitors works.: I have a Dell latitude 7420 when I shut the lid only 1 of my three monitors works. I have already changed the setting for when I close the lid "do nothing". This didn't resolve my issue....
  3. Only 1 of my three monitors works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only 1 of my three monitors works.: I have a Dell latitude 7420 when I shut the lid only 1 of my three monitors works. I have already changed the setting for when I close the lid "do nothing". This didn't resolve my issue....
  4. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor: Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2...
  5. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor: Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2...
  6. Only 1 external monitor outputted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  7. Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1

Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1: When trying to install my dual monitors and set them up, my kitten walked across the keyboard and pressed the enter key and entered on the Post to only 1 which now only allows all information to show up on only 1 screen . Both screens are the same. I have tried every way...
  8. Windows 10 sees 2 monitors when only 1 is connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sees 2 monitors when only 1 is connected: tl;dr: even when I disconnect my S22B150 samsung monitor, my computer still detects it as connected and I can't disconnect it. When I tried uninstalling the monitor I got a BSOD with the kernel_mode_heap_corruption message Long version: I have a three monitor setup, from...
  9. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only: Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab. After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced...
  10. Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor

Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor: Hello! I recently bought a new monitor(VSC XG2402) and now use my old monitor(BenQ GL2450H) as a secondary screen. I hooked it up, and all went as expected. However, when I next turned on my computer, only the main(the new one) monitor turned on, connected to the computer. I...