Windows 10: Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.

Discus and support Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Bit of a tricky problem here. I have 2 monitors connected to my MSI GE62 laptop - one via HDMI to HDMI, the other via Mini DisplayPort to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robotshorts, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.

Hi all,

Bit of a tricky problem here. I have 2 monitors connected to my MSI GE62 laptop - one via HDMI to HDMI, the other via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI - and for some odd reason the latter seems to work just fine for anywhere up to about a fortnight, then refuses to work when the system powers up/wakes up gives me the 'No Signal Detected' message.

I've scoured the internet for fixes for this problem; changing display settings, restarting, reinstalling drivers, disconnecting everything before powering down and letting it sit without power for 10+ mins before trying again, etc. and nothing seems to work at all. The one and only fix I've managed to determine for myself is opening the laptop up and manually disconnecting the battery for a short time, reassembling and then continuing from there - this has worked every time without fail, leading me to believe that the laptop simply needs to be completely disconnected from any power source if I want my second monitor to work again. It seems that, without doing this, I can't get the laptop to totallypower down shift-clicking shutdown and running cmd shutdown-s -f-t 0doesn't do it either.

Is there a way for me to completely power down my laptop without having to open it up and remove the battery? Frankly, it's a pain doing it so often, and it'd be good to figure out something a bit more practical.

Thanks!

:)

robotshorts, Feb 26, 2020

2. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Feb 26, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces New DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapters

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the availability of three new Active 4K-capable Video Adapters, which enable users to stream audio and video from their DisplayPort 1.2 or Mini DisplayPort 1.2-equipped computer to an HDMI-equipped TV, monitor or projector. The new adapters offer active signal conversion, which unlike passive video adapters does not require a multi-mode DisplayPort (DP++) source signal, greatly expanding compatibility options.

Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out. 70a_thm.jpg

StarTech.com's new DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters include the following:
    • DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: DP2HD4KS). : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: MDP2HD4KS) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 Adapter - White (SKU: MDP2HD4KSW) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    "These are the next generation of DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort adapters. Although DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters have been around for some time, these adapters are unique because they enable users to realise the full benefits of 4K display technology" said Karishma Punwani, Product Manager for StarTech.com's DisplayPort product line. "By taking advantage of 4K display technology which provides four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, these adapters allow you to view your digital content (video and images) with astonishing detail and quality.

Features of the new adapters include:
    • Supports video resolution up to 4K (4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz), stereoscopic 3D
    • Backward compatible with 1080p displays
    • 5.1 Surround Sound support
    • Fully compliant with DisplayPort revisions 1.2/1.1/1.0
    • Compatible with Intel Thunderbolt devices capable of outputting a DisplayPort signal
    • Compatible with video cards that are not capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals
    • DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) and HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) compliant
    The DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

btarunr, Feb 26, 2020
  4. ajamesuk Win User

Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.

Would Windows recognise 2x displayport monitors and a 3rd off HDMI?

Hi all,

I am running Win10 with a 1080ti GPU. My 1080ti has two HDMI and two displayport connections.

I would like to have two monitors on my desk which use displayport connections and a HDMI cable running to my TV as a third monitor.

I would only want Windows to show either the two displayport monitors OR the HDMI/TV. I will never want Windows displaying on all three.

I wouldn't have easy access to behind my PC to manually swap cables so I would like to know if Windows would support what I'm suggesting.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Kind regards

Andrew

ajamesuk, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.

1. Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out. - Similar Threads - Monitor connected via

2. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  3. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  4. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those speakers. However, occasionally frequently now, the...
  6. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those speakers. However, occasionally frequently now, the...
  7. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

8. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  9. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI: I've been trying to connect a TV/monitor to my laptop and I've not been successful with Windows 10. I can confirm that this is not a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable, nor the monitor as it is working without issue on the other side - Xubuntu 18.04. Looking around the...
  10. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HDMI to VGA cutting out on second monitor

2. twin monitors display port keeps cutting out

3. hdmi cable keeps cutting out windows 10