Windows 10: Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, My monitor (Samsung C27HG70) randomly loses signal and reconnects back again - the displayport connection appears in the left corner,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Andre_333, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Andre_333 Win User

Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

Hello,

My monitor (Samsung C27HG70) randomly loses signal and reconnects back again - the displayport connection appears in the left corner, specific to this monitor.

This behaviour happens only after waking up the computer from sleep, but not all the time, and it only happens when I click the Nvidia Control panel on the desktop.

My specs: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming motherboards, Intel Core i9-9900K CPU, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 08G graphics card, 32 GB of Ram HyperX @3200 MHz, Thermaltake Grandpower Gold 850W PSU, 2 SSDs M.2 Nvme, one for the OS (Samsung 960), 2 HDDS for work and storage etc. Cooler Master Cosmos C700P case with 6 140 mm fans (3 intake, 3 exhaust), wire management done properly etc.

Nothing overheats, system is extremely stable, this behavior never happens in game, I get no crashes whatsoever, temperatures monitored all the time in MSI Afterburner, even in the titles that load the GPU to the max (Metro Exodus or Borderlands 3) the system is rock-solid and great temps (up to 60 C on the CPU with a Noctua NH-D15 with 2 140 fans in push-pull, between 65 and 70 on the GPU depending on the room temperature).

Any idea what could be the cause of that? As I said, it only happens when I want to access the Nvidia CP. The monitor is in Freesync mode, G-Sync compatibility enabled in Nvidia CP. Using all the latest drivers, Windows 10 latest update etc. I have power & sleep settings to shut down the monitor and the computer after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Thank you for any thoughts on that!

:)

Andre_333, Sep 25, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

As it happens randomly and always happens on a bad time, i have forgot to check the logs and it has been hours already.

I've bought the tp-link adapter, should arrive by tomorrow or wednesday, hoping that will fix my issue. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks again!

RevoLand, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

Drivers and certain antivirus software or vpn related stuff.

eidairaman1, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

1. Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor connects disconnects

2. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  3. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  4. Second monitor randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor randomly disconnecting.: Hello there, I own a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP with a VGA port and a Lenovo legion laptop 82JY009GCC running windows 11. Since the laptop can only take an HDMI port I bought an adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KLKQN9U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details to connect it...
  5. Second monitor randomly disconnecting.

Second monitor randomly disconnecting.: Hello there, I own a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP with a VGA port and a Lenovo legion laptop 82JY009GCC running windows 11. Since the laptop can only take an HDMI port I bought an adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KLKQN9U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details to connect it...
  6. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.: I have a windows 10 Enterprise computer and it has been really acting up lately. I have been constantly checking for malware. I am overall pretty good at not executing suspicions files from online.So I was playing a game when my graphics drivers suddenly disconnected. Now for...
  7. Connect/disconnect sounds pop randomly when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect/disconnect sounds pop randomly when connected to monitor: Hi,I'm having an issue where my laptop HP Envy 13, running Windows 10 makes the device connected/disconnected sounds whenever I connect it to my monitor via usb-c to display port cable. I know its this connection and not my USB devices because it doesn't make the sounds when...
  8. Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting

Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting: Hi all, So my keyboard has recently, in the past few weeks, been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting when I'm using my PC. This began only a small amount to start with but now it's becoming harder to use as it struggles to stay connected for long, and even when typing...
  9. Windows 10 Monitors Randomly Disconnect and Wont Connect Again

Windows 10 Monitors Randomly Disconnect and Wont Connect Again: Hello, I turned my computer on and it was working fine then all of a sudden my monitors went dark and now they wont connect to my desktop again. Ive restarted the computer, unplugged my monitors and my desktop. I know the monitors work as ive tested them with another...
  10. Windows 10 Network Connection Randomly Disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network Connection Randomly Disconnects: Hello everybody! I upgraded to Windows 10 a long while ago, had the same issue except every time it reconnected, it rebooted my system. I have since went back, and am now running Windows 10 again. This time, my PC does not reboot, but, seemingly randomly, the wireless...