Windows 10: Monitor detection?

Discus and support Monitor detection? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After the last big update about 3 weeks ago, when I start my system it fails to detect my second monitor. I have checked and secured all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by videogreg, Mar 27, 2020.

1. videogreg Win User

Monitor detection?

Hello,

After the last big update about 3 weeks ago, when I start my system it fails to detect my second monitor. I have checked and secured all the cable connections. It does not matter if the monitor is on or off when I start the system, it is not detected. When I restart the system, the monitor is successfully detected.

I have also tried to "DETECT" the second monitor when the system did not detect it at startup and it will not detect it.

I have loaded the latest video driver.

Any other ideas at how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

:)

videogreg, Mar 27, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Grgr_595 Win User
    Windows 10 Not Detecting 2nd Monitor

this recommendation is useless. I followed every step and the troubleshooter said no problems detected. When I had Windows 8.1 I was able to simply plug in my monitor (HannsG 28") via micro HDMI port and it was able to detect it. But Windows 10 does not detect
    my second monitor. The system just does not see it.

Grgr_595, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Monitor detection?

Second monitor streamed using Elgato HD60 Pro not detected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• How is the setup done? Do you mean to say that the monitor streamed is not being detected?

Standard graphic cards that do not have the special DMS port will not be able to send out two separate display signals to two different
    monitors. Seems like the monitor is attached to the onboard GPU port instead of NVidia, if the display is not being detected despite of the GPU supporting dual monitors. You may plug the
    monitor into the NVidia GPU port and check if it’s being detected.

If the issue persists, it could be due to faulty drivers. I suggest you to install the latest drivers from
    NVidia.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Monitor detection?

1. Monitor detection? - Similar Threads - Monitor detection

2. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  3. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  4. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  5. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  6. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  8. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  9. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...
  10. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...