Windows 10: Monitor Detection

Discus and support Monitor Detection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulaMassaglia1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Monitor Detection

Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor

:)

PaulaMassaglia1, Oct 5, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Second monitor streamed using Elgato HD60 Pro not detected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• How is the setup done? Do you mean to say that the monitor streamed is not being detected?

Standard graphic cards that do not have the special DMS port will not be able to send out two separate display signals to two different
    monitors. Seems like the monitor is attached to the onboard GPU port instead of NVidia, if the display is not being detected despite of the GPU supporting dual monitors. You may plug the
    monitor into the NVidia GPU port and check if it’s being detected.

If the issue persists, it could be due to faulty drivers. I suggest you to install the latest drivers from
    NVidia.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Grgr_595 Win User

Monitor Detection

Windows 10 Not Detecting 2nd Monitor

this recommendation is useless. I followed every step and the troubleshooter said no problems detected. When I had Windows 8.1 I was able to simply plug in my monitor (HannsG 28") via micro HDMI port and it was able to detect it. But Windows 10 does not detect
    my second monitor. The system just does not see it.

Grgr_595, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Detection

1. Monitor Detection - Similar Threads - Monitor Detection

2. my monitor is not detecting my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor is not detecting my laptop: OKi so I have a laptop with broken screen but I can see 1/4 portion of it on the bottom left and I decided to connect that laptop to my acer v196hql monitor via hdmi to vga cable but my monitor is not detecting my laptop and is showing no signal meanwhile I can see my laptop...
  3. my monitor is not detecting my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor is not detecting my laptop: OKi so I have a laptop with broken screen but I can see 1/4 portion of it on the bottom left and I decided to connect that laptop to my acer v196hql monitor via hdmi to vga cable but my monitor is not detecting my laptop and is showing no signal meanwhile I can see my laptop...
  4. Windows 11 cannot detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot detect external monitor: My Lenovo ThankPad with Windows 11 cannot detect the external monitor. I double checked the cable and connection it ok. It worked before. Please help....
  5. Windows 11 cannot detect external monitor

Windows 11 cannot detect external monitor: My Lenovo ThankPad with Windows 11 cannot detect the external monitor. I double checked the cable and connection it ok. It worked before. Please help....
  6. Monitors not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not detected: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when I try to get my laptop to detect. All drivers are up to date. The monitors have displayport cables and the laptop HDMI, so I...
  7. Monitors not detected

Monitors not detected: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when I try to get my laptop to detect. All drivers are up to date. The monitors have displayport cables and the laptop HDMI, so I...
  8. Monitor detected but no image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected but no image: Hi, I'm stuck in a situation here, I received a monitor Samsung Syncmaster sa650 and tried connecting it to my laptop via HDMI to DP cable I made sure the cable was source HDMI to DP screen. The system recognizes/detects the display, but there is no image.I already tried...
  9. Monitor detected but no image

Monitor detected but no image: Hi, I'm stuck in a situation here, I received a monitor Samsung Syncmaster sa650 and tried connecting it to my laptop via HDMI to DP cable I made sure the cable was source HDMI to DP screen. The system recognizes/detects the display, but there is no image.I already tried...
  10. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...