Windows 10: monitor disconnecting

Discus and support monitor disconnecting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My set up was working fine & then it suddenly stopped working I am running Win 10 on my desktop with a DVI cable to my monitor & an HDMI cable to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mbells, Jan 28, 2016.

1. mbells Win User

monitor disconnecting

My set up was working fine & then it suddenly stopped working
    I am running Win 10 on my desktop with a DVI cable to my monitor & an HDMI cable to a Kramer switch box which then goes to my projector
    I can boot up fine, & run my projection software, but as soon as I turn the Kramer on, my screen goes black & it says there is no DVI link.
    If I right click to bring up the Display Settings I only see one monitor

help... I need somebody

:)

mbells, Jan 28, 2016

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Disconnected Displays-where did they go?

I disconnected a few displays (Display settings>Multiple Displays>Disconnect This Display>Apply). In Win7 the monitors would disconnect and the icon in "Display Settings" for the specific disconnected monitor would go gray but would still be there. To
    reconnect the disconnected monitor in WIN 7 I would just click on the gray icon and then click "Extend desktop to this display"....IN WIN 10 the displays all disappeared when I disconnected them in "Display Settings" if I hit "Detect" the actual monitors
    cycle (but don't show up) and if I shut one of them off the Primary Monitor number in display settings changes.....

How do I get the monitors to appear in the display settings so I can turn them back on????

Eric12345_678, Jan 28, 2016
  4. mbells Win User

monitor disconnecting

I have double checked that Win 10 is uptodate
    & have reinstalled the mostb recent video drivers for the geforce GT 740

mbells, Jan 28, 2016
  5. mbells Win User
    I think it's a windows problem... I did a restore back to about 10 days ago... everything works fine now & I have turned off automatic windows updates

mbells, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

monitor disconnecting

1. monitor disconnecting - Similar Threads - monitor disconnecting

2. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  3. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  4. Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.: So, about last week, while watching a youtube video, my monitor and all other devices randomly disconnected, keep in mind that my computer was still on, i tried to check the cables, but nothing. A temporary fix was to unplug the power cable of the computer and plug it back in...
  5. Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.

Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.: So, about last week, while watching a youtube video, my monitor and all other devices randomly disconnected, keep in mind that my computer was still on, i tried to check the cables, but nothing. A temporary fix was to unplug the power cable of the computer and plug it back in...
  6. Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  8. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  9. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...
  10. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...