Windows 10: Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

Discus and support Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My cat jumped on my keyboard causing the monitor display to rotate 90 degrees anti-clockwise so it is now like portrait lying on its side. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rossjohnson1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

My cat jumped on my keyboard causing the monitor display to rotate 90 degrees anti-clockwise so it is now like portrait lying on its side. How do I reverse this?

:)

rossjohnson1, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Ebby89 Win User

Changed 2nd monitor orientation to portrait. Cannot change it back to landscape.

Using windows 10 on a desktop PC with dual monitors.

Navigated to the display options.

Changed monitor#2 to portrait. Worked normally.

Later (same day) tried to change monitor#2 back to landscape, both screen resolution AND orientation menus are now greyed out ONLY for monitor #2 (the monitor switched into portrait view).

Drivers are 100% up to date.

Hotkeys (ctrl, alt, up/down/sideways) do not do anything to either of my monitors orientations.

How can I enable the resolution and orientation dropdowns again?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

Ebby89, Mar 8, 2019
  3. ALIYANAGE Win User
    I changed landscape to portrait in display menu. However, the resulted portrait mode was flipped.

Original Title - display

I changed landscape to portrait in display menu. However, the resulted portrait mode was flipped.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks

ALIYANAGE, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

Change Monitor to Portrait

Portrait monitor not landscapped

Eddie GeneClemmons, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

1. Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait - Similar Threads - Monitor display changed

2. Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...: Hi. I am using a custom desktop PC with windows 11. For a flight sim, I have three additional small USB connected Monitors. The additional monitors are only connected and switched on, when I intend to play the flight sim. The three monitors are used in portrait mode. I had to...
  3. Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...: Hi. I am using a custom desktop PC with windows 11. For a flight sim, I have three additional small USB connected Monitors. The additional monitors are only connected and switched on, when I intend to play the flight sim. The three monitors are used in portrait mode. I had to...
  4. Excel changes from Landscape to Portrait when attached to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel changes from Landscape to Portrait when attached to email: I am using Windows 11 on a PC.. I created an Excel file for my husband to send to his accountant. It has a header. It is saved as Landscape and looks great in print view and prints as expected. But when he attaches it to an email, the attached file is in Portrait.What can I...
  5. Excel changes from Landscape to Portrait when attached to email

Excel changes from Landscape to Portrait when attached to email: I am using Windows 11 on a PC.. I created an Excel file for my husband to send to his accountant. It has a header. It is saved as Landscape and looks great in print view and prints as expected. But when he attaches it to an email, the attached file is in Portrait.What can I...
  6. Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape: I am on a laptop and I want to use a software in portrait mode but I want mouse setting in landscape. In portrait my mouse setting are flipped, when I move to the left it goes up and vice versa. i want it to go up when I drag my mouse to up and to left when I drag my mouse to...
  7. Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.

Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.: Hi, I wanted to have one of my monitors set to landscape mode. I went into my display settings to do so. The problem is when I set it to portrait the monitor just zooms in and remains in landscape even though in the display settings it says its portrait. submitted by...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?

Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?: [ATTACH] Sometimes when I start up my PC, the wallpaper on my portrait (right) monitor breaks in the way that is depicted here. Is there a fix that can rectify this? This is an extremely irritating occurrence. submitted by /u/captainjelly [link] [comments]...
  9. How to change SnipIt default from Landscape to Portrait

How to change SnipIt default from Landscape to Portrait: The Settings has Portrait checked in SnipIt (Win10-Home). Why does the first screen always come up with the Landscape box checked off which is the opposite of the Settings check off and I always have to change it to Portrait? 160484
  10. Change Monitor to Portrait

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Monitor to Portrait: Split from this thread. monitor needs changing to 'portrait/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-to-portrait/921f15f9-ce8b-49ae-a5ab-7ead79b41981

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitor potrait snap

2. monitor switched to portrait

3. monitor screen orientation changed

4. changing orientation of benq monitor,
  5. changing benq monitor screen to portrait