Windows 10: monitor display cut off at top

Discus and support monitor display cut off at top in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R Silverstein, Aug 3, 2022.

1. monitor display cut off at top

My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions offered. None work in fixing it. I've tried changing screen resolution, changing intel driver settings, click on F11, minimizing and maximizing the screen, restarting computer.I have a Dell monitorWindows 11Intel graphics card

:)

R Silverstein, Aug 3, 2022
  2. J_Slater Win User

Desktop short cuts not displaying on desk top Windows 10

Desktop short cuts not displaying on desk top Windows 10

I'm not sure what happened but all the items I had on my Desktop are not there any more and some how the start menu is displayed on the left side of monitor. I can't get it off and get my desk top short cuts I had to restore.

Also the apps search box that was displayed on the task bar is not on there any more, and I did not remove it.. It stopped displaying when the short cuts did off the desk top.

I tried a system restore to an earlier point but for some reason it tries to restore but restore fails.

J_Slater, Aug 3, 2022
  3. rquez Win User
    Monitor Display Slightly Cut Off

Display Specs

• 2560x1440 Qnix 2710 Montior
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    The bottom part of my display is cut off. The cut is very slight and I can't see the blue highlighed line that shows an app currently running in the taskbar.

Also notifications get cut in half because they display at the bottom right corner of the screen.

A partial solution to this is using the NVIDIA control panel to resize the display to 2560x1426, but that makes the font blurry.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Taking a screenshot, shows the accurate display without the cut off so I took a picture.

imgur.com

I did not have this problem on Windows 8.1 or 7

Thank you

rquez, Aug 3, 2022
  4. User11235 Win User

monitor display cut off at top

Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar

So the bottom of my monitor display is cut off. It is a Dell ST2010 monitor very old but still in working condition. It has nothing to do with screen resolution btw. Can this problem be fixed or do i have to buy a new monitor? Any suggestions? Thanks

This is how it looks now, the problem started occurring like 3 months ago

monitor display cut off at top [​IMG]

this is how its suppose to look when i take a screen shot of it

monitor display cut off at top [​IMG]

User11235, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

monitor display cut off at top

1. monitor display cut off at top - Similar Threads - monitor display cut

2. Second monitor display cuts off content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor display cuts off content: I use an existing TV for my second monitor for my laptops. I use flat-screen TVs primarily 2 TVs: 32" and a 55" of various ages. Works great via the HTML1 port except...When transferring, say Word, to the second display from monitor #1 the Window icon in the lower left is...
  3. Second monitor display cuts off content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor display cuts off content: I use an existing TV for my second monitor for my laptops. I use flat-screen TVs primarily 2 TVs: 32" and a 55" of various ages. Works great via the HTML1 port except...When transferring, say Word, to the second display from monitor #1 the Window icon in the lower left is...
  4. Second monitor display cuts off content

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  6. Printer cuts off top of document

Printer cuts off top of document: Suddenly, everything I print starts at the top of the page. There is no top margin. What does print is missing the top few lines of text. The print preview is fine and the margins are set a 1". I've switched to a different printer with the same result. I've removed and...
  7. External Monitor Display is Cut Off on All Edges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Display is Cut Off on All Edges: I have extended my Surface Windows 10 display to an external HD TV monitor but all 4 edges are cut off as if a picture was too big for its frame. My mouse can go off screen to these hidden edges but this is a major inconvenience not being able to maximize windows properly...
  8. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  9. Tops of browser windows cut off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tops of browser windows cut off: This is happening with ALL my browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Edge. It's also happening to my windows settings screens and Windows explorer. No other programs. Not Outlook, not Word, not Excel, not Visual Studio, nothing else that I know of. I'm running a fully updated version of...
  10. Top of the window gets cut off

Top of the window gets cut off: I got a problem that keeps appearing sometimes when i maximize my windows in windows 10. It looks like this: [ATTACH] How can i solve this? I'm running a dual screen setup and windows 10....