Windows 10: Monitor Display not showing after factory reset

Discus and support Monitor Display not showing after factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm setting a computer up at the moment that turns on, but doesn't show on the monitor. Ive tried multiple cord types, a different monitor, and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FosseBossJr, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Monitor Display not showing after factory reset

I'm setting a computer up at the moment that turns on, but doesn't show on the monitor. Ive tried multiple cord types, a different monitor, and all ports on both the PC and monitor. I don't exactly know if this is a Windows 10 problem, the monitor, or the computer. Help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/FosseBossJr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FosseBossJr, Jan 25, 2021
  2. vid00d Win User

No Display During Factory Reset

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked up to a TV monitor. I decided to factory reset the laptop, but I'm four hours in and the display to the TV monitor no longer works; the TV cannot get a signal. I can see that the laptop is on because its screen is illuminated (again, just cracked and unusable). I have no idea what the progress of the factory reset is.

What should I do?

vid00d, Jan 25, 2021
  3. JulieC10 Win User
    Factory Reset on Monitor

I calibrated my monitor with the i1 Display Pro and am unhappy with the results. How can I undo this calibration? Can I perform a factory reset on my monitor?

JulieC10, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Monitor Display not showing after factory reset

No Display During Factory Reset

It's possible that this may be expected behavior during a factory reset. It may be running Windows PE without the necessary support for an external monitor.

If you have a special key on your keyboard that can switch the display to an external monitor, you might try to see if pressing that helps. For example, on my HP laptop pressing F4 (or Fn + F4 depending upon whether Fn is enabled by default in my BIOS) switches displays. I'm just not sure if this would work during a factory reset.

Another possibility would be to configure an unattended setup so that Windows will install 100% without any user intervention. Once Windows is installed, you will hopefully have access to the external monitor and can manually install any additional drivers not provided within Windows or through Windows update.

If you post the precise model here, maybe someone else with specific knowledge of that model can provide a better idea of what you may be facing here.

hsehestedt, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Monitor Display not showing after factory reset

1. Monitor Display not showing after factory reset - Similar Threads - Monitor Display showing

2. Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.: Factory reset pc and now my pc will prepare windows and then when it starts the screen just flashes black and white.I’ve tried booting from a USB but it seems to just ignore the USB and boot from my SSD.It also says “Nvidia Control Panel not detected. Click here to install.”...
  3. Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.: Factory reset pc and now my pc will prepare windows and then when it starts the screen just flashes black and white.I’ve tried booting from a USB but it seems to just ignore the USB and boot from my SSD.It also says “Nvidia Control Panel not detected. Click here to install.”...
  4. Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  6. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  7. D Drive not showing up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive not showing up after factory reset: Hi all,I just did a complete factory reset of my computer and now my D drive is not showing up.. That is where I want to put most of my files. I'm guessing Disk 1 Partition 2 is my D drive because I believe I have 1TB of space on it. But I'm not sure how to access the D...
  8. Monitor Says No signal after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor Says No signal after factory reset: After the reset process and the computer restarts, the monitor would say there is no signal detected and turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-says-no-signal-after-factory-reset/a0b9679a-3ac9-4605-a790-bd70dd34aaef
  9. No Display During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Display During Factory Reset: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked up to a TV monitor. I decided to factory reset the laptop, but I'm four hours in and the display to the TV monitor no longer...
  10. PC Monitors not turning on after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Monitors not turning on after factory reset: Hey everyone, I factory reset my computer before I slept last night and the monitors arent working. My dell one says the current input timing is not supported by the monitor display and my samsung one is just off. Id turn off my pc to go through bios but im worried not...