Windows 10: Monitor Display Not Staying Off

Discus and support Monitor Display Not Staying Off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an x-box controller that I plug into my computer to play games, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the display will not stay off. I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TONPumper, Aug 10, 2015.

1. TONPumper Win User

Monitor Display Not Staying Off

I have an x-box controller that I plug into my computer to play games, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the display will not stay off. I did a clean install, erasing all of my programs and drivers. I've tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the computer, I've tried updating the driver for the monitor, I've tried removing the driver for the monitor, and I've updated my graphics driver. I have an nVidia GTS 450 and an AOC monitor.

:)

TONPumper, Aug 10, 2015

2. Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

I have the same problem.

6700K I7 with GTX1080, which has 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports.

• Oculus Rift on HDMI port
    • 2 ASUS 28" Monitors runing at 3840x2160 (4k), True Display Port
    • Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet with Display Port to HDMI adapter
    • All Monitors are extended.
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 5 minutes
    Problem/What happens:

When screen turns off, the 2 ASUS 4k monitor(s) and Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor turn off together. While the ASUS Monitors continue to stay off, the Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet turns back on with a lighted Black screen but no Image.

Before 1709, all 3 monitors turned off, no problems. Now just the 4k Monitors turn off and the Drawing Monitor turns off then back on and stays on but with a lighted black screen.

Thank you

Metal2Mesh, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

I'm also having the same problem that's been bothering me since around the same time as Metal2Mesh.

AMD FX-8350 with XFX RX 580, which also has 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports.

• 1st display - Samsung 4K Monitor ( LU28E590DS ) connected through Display Port v 1.2 ( 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz )
    • 2nd display - Samsung 4K TV ( UE55MU6202 ) connected through HDMI v1.4 ( 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz )
    • All Monitors are extended.
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 5 minutes

Problem/What happens:

When screen turns off, both displays turn off together. While the Samsung 4K TV ( HDMI ) continues to stay off, the Samsung 4K Monitor ( Display Port ) turns back on with a lighted Black screen but no Image.

As you can probably see, the issue is so similar that I basicly took Metal2Mesh's original post and simply edited here and there with my own setup. It is clearly something that's in a recent update, don't know what but you guys seriously should do something
    about this A.S.A.P.

TzapInferno, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Monitor Display Not Staying Off

1. Monitor Display Not Staying Off - Similar Threads - Monitor Display Staying

2. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  3. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  4. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off: Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving any results (eg it won't accept the words "on" "and" or "off"), "Flashing", gives no results etc. That's just as an aside...
  5. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  6. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  7. Laptop display won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display won't stay turned off: I have my laptop setup to turn off when I press the power button. But over the last month or so, doing this makes it turn off for like a second and turn back on. I've tried unplugging everything, restarting, having no programs open, and none of these have fixed the issue. I...
  8. Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on: I keep my PC on 24/7, and at night I turn my monitors off by pressing the button on the bottom of their frame. I have two monitors, which have a 59 hz and 60 hz refresh rate, and different resolutions. I have had these monitors for over a year or two, and no problem, but...
  9. Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC: Hi, my wife's computer is acting strange, some times her Monitor's (shes having 2 connected) stays turned off but windows 10 starts just fine. ( I tested this by typing her login info and then presseed the windows key, and typed "youtube" + enter, and pressed a random place...
  10. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...