Windows 10: Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

Discus and support Monitor displays artifacts after waking up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DeaconFrost, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power save. When I wake up the computer, the right side of my laptop shows heavy artifacts. If I unplug the DisplayPort cable from my docking station, then reconnect it, the issue goes away. I've swapped docks, cables, and even monitors, all identical, and I can't seem to narrow this down. I've also updated to the latest monitor driver for Windows 10 x64, and that didn't solve the issue.

Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

DeaconFrost, Nov 3, 2015

2. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

OK, I found out that I had to change to a local account and now everything work like it did in Windows 8. Thank you for your help! Joe

CapiCraft2010, Nov 3, 2015
  3. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

Thank you for your response. I tried to log out using Task Manager, and also via the Start button by selecting Log Out when clicking on my name at the top of the window. Both actions still resulted in a login window with only my MS account as a selection.
    So, if any other MS user wants to login they have to know my password.

CapiCraft2010, Nov 3, 2015
  4. xtrem Win User

Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

I have 2x Dell UP2414Q and have the same problems...

xtrem, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

1. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up - Similar Threads - Monitor displays artifacts

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  6. Monitor will not wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  7. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating: Hi I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC is in hibernation, except these last 3 times when i move the mouse or type a key nothing happens. I think the Pc responds and...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Monitor artifacting?

Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer monitor artifacts after\ waking up