Windows 10: Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

Discus and support Monitor displays artifacts after waking up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DeaconFrost, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power save. When I wake up the computer, the right side of my laptop shows heavy artifacts. If I unplug the DisplayPort cable from my docking station, then reconnect it, the issue goes away. I've swapped docks, cables, and even monitors, all identical, and I can't seem to narrow this down. I've also updated to the latest monitor driver for Windows 10 x64, and that didn't solve the issue.

Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

DeaconFrost, Nov 3, 2015

2. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

OK, I found out that I had to change to a local account and now everything work like it did in Windows 8. Thank you for your help! Joe

CapiCraft2010, Nov 3, 2015
  3. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

Thank you for your response. I tried to log out using Task Manager, and also via the Start button by selecting Log Out when clicking on my name at the top of the window. Both actions still resulted in a login window with only my MS account as a selection.
    So, if any other MS user wants to login they have to know my password.

CapiCraft2010, Nov 3, 2015
  4. xtrem Win User

Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

I have 2x Dell UP2414Q and have the same problems...

xtrem, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

1. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up - Similar Threads - Monitor displays artifacts

2. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  3. Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep: After the last Windows update my remote monitor no longer wakes up when my computer is awakened. What to do? I have tried reloading the monitor drivers to no avail....
  4. Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 problem with display after wake up: I have a problem when after my Windows 10 desktop wakes up after sleep, my chrome or Edge window that I had open reappears up in the left corner and downsized from my personal adjustment before sleep. It's a pain having to re-adjust the window every time it wakes up. Nobody...
  5. Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  6. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...
  9. Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off

Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off: I have an Intel NUC Skull Canyon (great device). However, I have one constant problem that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever the display turns off to power savings mode (Note: I have sleep disabled for the OS, but have monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes), the display...
  10. Monitor artifacting?

Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer monitor artifacts after\ waking up