Windows 10: monitor does not fill

Discus and support monitor does not fill in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; since I downloaded windows 10 my monitor screen does not fill ,ive done everything I think I need to do,ive re-installed software that didn't load on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by frankwright, Sep 11, 2015.

1. monitor does not fill

since I downloaded windows 10 my monitor screen does not fill ,ive done everything I think I need to do,ive re-installed software that didn't load on the download, do I need to download anything else to solve this annoyance
    frank.

:)

frankwright, Sep 11, 2015

2. display screen

my screen does not fill up my monitor i have tried setting it to my resolution whic his 1920x1080 but it still does not fill my monitor

fredgred12, Sep 11, 2015
  3. wdsnls47 Win User
    Display Does Not Fill Monitor After Windows 10 Upgrade

Product Name: HP w2338h

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Adapter Version; 8.970.100.9001 (1/13/15)

After performing Windows 10 upgrade the display on the monitor has a one inch vacant area around the entire display. The resolution is set correctly to 1920 x 1080. Connection is via HDMI. There is no way of extending it through the display settings in the
    PC or the monitor menu. The upgrade was made from Windows 7. I have checked via HP and there is no Windows 10 driver available for this monitor even though Microsoft qualified all software and hardware in this PC compatible for the upgrade.

I don't know if the graphics card, ATI Radeon HD 4350 connected via HDMI, has any affect on this problem. I could get no help from that vendor.

I would appreciate any help.

wdsnls47, Sep 11, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

monitor does not fill

What do you see under Display Adapters in the Device Manager control panel?

At a guess, it'll be the Microsoft Basic drivers.

If so, you'll need to download and install the drivers for your graphics adapter.

As you provide nearly no information about your hardware, we can't direct you specifically.

bobkn, Sep 11, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Check the resolution... Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings. Go down and select Advanced Display Settings. Most probably the current resolution doesn't match your screen's native resolution. That is if you have a square monitor (4:3) and you select a wide (16:9) resolution you would see black bars top and bottom. If you have a wide monitor and you select a square resolution you see black bars left-right. Also go down and select Display Adapter Properties. If you see Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, you need to install drivers for the graphics card. If you see your actual graphics adapter, then change the resolution to your monitor's native one. It should be the maximum available. If unsure, try them one-by-one until you get a fit. In LCD monitors you may also select the AUTO from the monitor controls, so the picture is adjusted automatically to fit the display (assuming you have already selected the native resolution, otherwise the picture will be blur and you may not have a perfect fit).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

monitor does not fill

1. monitor does not fill - Similar Threads - monitor does fill

2. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  3. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  4. Home page does not fill out the completely fill out the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home page does not fill out the completely fill out the screen.: I was using my computer and suddenly the screen lowered and moved in from the left. I cannot move it with my arrow. I can't see the bottom half or the 2 inches on the right....
  5. Moitor does not fill with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moitor does not fill with windows 10: After installing windows 10 on my laptop, windows fails to fill my screen and i just dont know how to go about it. some help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moitor-does-not-fill-with-windows-10/c93f8503-01a3-44ee-b30c-ab2ab8bb0b68
  6. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...
  7. Filling large size external monitor screen

Filling large size external monitor screen: I just reinstalled Windows 10. Now the screen of my external monitor does not fill completely. I tried changing the resolution through settings, but the options I am given do not include a high enough resolution (1920 for a 24 inch screen I think). How do I add this...
  8. Display does not fill the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display does not fill the screen: Just taken delivery of a Dell U2717D lovely display except for this: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphics acrd set to 2560 x 1440. If I now display a photo of 2560 x 1440 pixels I would have expected the screen to be full, but no. I have a black border over an inch in depth on...
  9. Windows 10 image does not fill screen on monitor

Windows 10 image does not fill screen on monitor: for windows 10, how do I adjust display so image will fill the screen? I have followed instructions for windows 7 as found on help chat but this did not work....
  10. Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?: Hi Can anyone tell me how to get Windows 10 to give me a full screen view? I have set the resolution to 1920 by 1080 the same as my monitor but the image doesn't fill my screen. I tried to make a screen shot but of course it only covers the area that's shown, so it...