Windows 10: Monitor does not goes off

Discus and support Monitor does not goes off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set my power option to go off the monitor after 20 minutes and computer to go off - Never. But the monitor never goes off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 13, 2019.

1. Monitor does not goes off

I have set my power option to go off the monitor after 20 minutes and computer to go off - Never.

But the monitor never goes off.

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 13, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Monitor does not goes off

using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Monitor does not goes off

1. Monitor does not goes off - Similar Threads - Monitor does goes

2. External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 running Windows 11 22H2This has been going on 2 weeks. I spent a couple of hours with MS tech support who uninstalled and reinstalled all the graphic drivers and ran tests to no avail. I had the computer serviced with new thermal paste. I bought a...
  3. External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 running Windows 11 22H2This has been going on 2 weeks. I spent a couple of hours with MS tech support who uninstalled and reinstalled all the graphic drivers and ran tests to no avail. I had the computer serviced with new thermal paste. I bought a...
  4. cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor: win 11 pronvidia drivers: 531.41 using a 3090tinothing was wrong but i figured I should update the drivers after another program had an issue with my older drivers, it messed up a few things fixed those, but now my cursor is moving off the screen on the left side of the...
  5. cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor: win 11 pronvidia drivers: 531.41 using a 3090tinothing was wrong but i figured I should update the drivers after another program had an issue with my older drivers, it messed up a few things fixed those, but now my cursor is moving off the screen on the left side of the...
  6. Monitor goes off (black screen) Please help.....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor goes off (black screen) Please help.....: Hello guys, im new at this forum. I opened this account just for this unexpected problem and i can't find the solution. I request help from you all. Any reply is appreciated. Everything is okay with my PC, MY Rig is: i5 9600k 16gb ram gtx 1660 ti asus prime z370 P II...
  7. Monitor goes off (black screen) Please help.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes off (black screen) Please help.....: Hello guys, im new at this forum. I opened this account just for this unexpected problem and i can't find the solution. I request help from you all. Any reply is appreciated. Everything is okay with my PC, MY Rig is: i5 9600k 16gb ram gtx 1660 ti asus prime z370 P II...
  8. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30 seconds and comes back for a few minutes. It has done this once or twice before buy many many weeks ago and previously many...
  9. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  10. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496