Windows 10: Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

Discus and support Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AJB995, Nov 14, 2022.

1. AJB995 Win User

Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I unplug and replug the HDMI cable. It's a brand-new laptop and obviously I don't want to keep unplugging the HDMI cable every time the laptop goes to sleep in fear of ruining the port by constantly unplugging it and plugging it back in.Is my HDMI port going to sleep along with the laptop and not waking back up? How can I fix thi

:)

AJB995, Nov 14, 2022
  2. David Haz Win User

Using 2nd Monitor with Laptop and Goes Into Sleep Mode

Hi Charlie,

If your second monitor goes in to Sleep mode after connecting it to your laptop, it could be that some settings of the Power Options in Windows 10 are incorrectly configured. We recommend that you restore all power settings to default and see if the second
    monitor still goes to Sleep after connecting it. Here's how to restore the power settings to default:

• Press the Windows logo key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select System > Power & sleep, then select
      Additional power settings.
    • From the Power Options dialog box, select Choose when to turn off the display, then select
      Restore default settings for this plan.

After setting it to default, observe if the issue persists. If it does, kindly connect the second monitor to another computer and see the problem is observed. Also, kindly use a different HDMI cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Nov 14, 2022
  3. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained. Sometimes the second monitor displays the login prompt rather than the main monitor, and when I log in, the monitors are in mirror mode rather than extended mode. I can fix it by restarting the laptop, but I would expect the settings to be retained after the laptop goes to sleep, since they're clearly retained after a restart. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sabrina Darnowsky, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

1. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor does reconnect

2. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  4. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  6. Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep: There have been many questions, and many replies, on the subject of Windows 10 failing to reconnect to a LAN after Sleep. For along time there was no issue, it all worked. Then quite some time ago now maybe more than a year and a half, an update destroyed reconnecting to a...
  7. Printer/Laptop Reconnect after Sleep?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer/Laptop Reconnect after Sleep?: Is there a way to get my HP Envy 4511 wireless printer to automatically reconnect to my HP Pavilion 15-cd040wm laptop after the laptop wakes up from Sleep mode? I don't have this issue with my Chromebook so am assuming it's related to Windows 10 rather than the HP products....
  8. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663