Windows 10: Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

Discus and support Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all!I'm somewhat new to PC and I'm having some issues. A friend of mine built a PC for me a while back and although I've been able to handle most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NikolaiMartin, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

Hi all!I'm somewhat new to PC and I'm having some issues. A friend of mine built a PC for me a while back and although I've been able to handle most of the issues myself, I'm not sure how to get out of this one. I'm working with Windows 10.Basically, at some point my PC starting having an issue where the monitor does not detect the PC. A few times I was able to get the monitor back on after turning off/on the PC. Suddenly all my games were extremely laggy. I checked the display adapter in device manager. Windows had disabled my display adapter Raedon tm rx 560 I believe because "Windows has

:)

NikolaiMartin, Sep 19, 2022

2. No display on Monitors post PC reset

Will keep this short. Have been having issues with second monitor, it was always detected but showed no display. I had extended display so I would scroll to the second monitor and the cursor would go there so I knew it was
    working fine, but no display. Changed wires, installed new firmware, drivers and tried everything in the book to no avail. Thought this might have been due to a Windows update cuz *&*& microsoft .. So I reset my PC.

Reset was going fine. Got to 100% and then said it was going to restart. When restarting, it stopped showing any display. My one monitor that was working started saying no HDMI signal. The computer is running, keyboard is running,
    mouse is running, but no display. Dont know what to do, just want my displays back so I can study lol.

Bilalololol, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 11 Preview Causes Inability to Detect 2nd Monitor

Hello,

Upon upgrading my Acer Inspire PC from Windows 11 Preview to Windows 11 today, I can only use one monitor. Steps I've taken:

1. Swapped "monitor to pc" cables and verified both are functioning normally.
    2. SYSTEM | DISPLAY | Scale & Layout | Detect Multiple displays > results in "We didn't detect another display"
    3. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Lists "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", however, the PC's invoice says "Intel UHD Graphics 630"
      • Intel's Driver & Assistant App shows all drivers are up to date, but it too shows the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
      • Downloaded "Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 30.0.100.9928" software from Intel - it failed to run, saying "no driver, CODE 8"
    4. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Microsoft Basic Display Adapter | Tried both "Update Driver" options > no change.
    5. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Microsoft Basic Display Adapter | Uninstall Device, then restarted > no change.
    6. Verified no updates were needed.
    7. Powered off and back on.
    Any ideas?

Many thanks!

TRocks2020, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

Dual monitor Detection Issues

Hi Benson,

This is a usual concern when your device needs a driver update, if it's not compatible with multiple monitors, corrupted system files and such. For us to determine what's causing this, provide information on the following:

• Make and model of your PC.
    • Make and model of the video card that you are using.
    • Windows 10 OS Build and Version. (Settings > System > About)
    • How do you access My Display, Multiple Display and Show Taskbar Buttons ON?

For now, we suggest checking this article created by our
    MPV Andre Da Costa.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

1. Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues - Similar Threads - Monitor Doesn't Detect

2. Monitor detected but doesn't display anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected but doesn't display anything: Hello,I am having the following problem:I am connecting my laptop to my TV through HDMI and while the TV is detected on Display Settings there is no picture shown.Some more details that make the problem rather weird:My laptop connects and displays correctly on an external PC...
  3. PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue: I have a user whose HP Elitebook 845 G8 can't detect any of their monitors. I did all the updates and optional updates from Windows Update Settings. I plugged my laptop into their docking station and the monitors came up so I'm thinking it's a driver issue with the USB Ports...
  4. PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue: I have a user whose HP Elitebook 845 G8 can't detect any of their monitors. I did all the updates and optional updates from Windows Update Settings. I plugged my laptop into their docking station and the monitors came up so I'm thinking it's a driver issue with the USB Ports...
  5. Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues: Hi all!I'm somewhat new to PC and I'm having some issues. A friend of mine built a PC for me a while back and although I've been able to handle most of the issues myself, I'm not sure how to get out of this one. I'm working with Windows 10.Basically, at some point my PC...
  6. Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Doesn't Detect PC after Display Driver Update, Resetting PC Caused More Issues: Hi all!I'm somewhat new to PC and I'm having some issues. A friend of mine built a PC for me a while back and although I've been able to handle most of the issues myself, I'm not sure how to get out of this one. I'm working with Windows 10.Basically, at some point my PC...
  7. display calibration issue after resetting the pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display calibration issue after resetting the pc.: my system is attacked with a virus so i reset my pc then the display looks like tinted -10 value. so i went to the service center and changed my operating system and updated all the drivers and bios. and we checked the motherboard and also the hardware checks everything. but...
  8. Windows Detects my monitor but doesn't display to it after full reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Detects my monitor but doesn't display to it after full reset.: Hello all! I recently reset my computer and now my monitor won't display anything, despite both my pc and my monitor recognizing they are connected to each other. I have done a test and found out the monitor is fine, but its windows that won't display. I am using an NVIDIA...
  9. No display on Monitors post PC reset

No display on Monitors post PC reset: Will keep this short. Have been having issues with second monitor, it was always detected but showed no display. I had extended display so I would scroll to the second monitor and the cursor would go there so I knew it was working fine, but no display. Changed wires,...
  10. No detection of Monitors post PC reset

No detection of Monitors post PC reset: Will keep this short. Have been having issues with second monitor, it was always detected but showed no display. I had extended display so I would scroll to the second monitor and the cursor would go there so I knew it was working fine, but no display. Changed wires,...