Windows 10: Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?

Discus and support Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So here's the set up: WIN10 pro 64bit MSI X470 Gamingplus + AMD Ryzen 7 2700 RTX2070 MSI MAG322CQR (connected with displayport) Samsung TV (connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_M0nk3yy_, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?

So here's the set up:

• WIN10 pro 64bit
    • MSI X470 Gamingplus + AMD Ryzen 7 2700
    • RTX2070
    • MSI MAG322CQR (connected with displayport)
    • Samsung TV (connected with HDMI)

Now all works fine if I unplug the TV from GPU. But when I plug in the HDMI to connect my TV, my monitor doesn't turn off anymore. I've set up power settings that after 10min the monitor should turn off and it does if HDMI is unplugged. But when it's plugged in, the monitor goes off and after few seconds turns on again and says no signal and stays black, but it's still on as the black isn't really black and I can see that the panel is on. The monitor acts like this even though I turn off the computer if HDMI is plugged in. And as soon as I unplug the HDMI everything works just fine. Am I missing some settings or what the hell is going on here? Latest I've tried is installing monitor driver for windows but that didn't help.

submitted by /u/_M0nk3yy_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_M0nk3yy_, Nov 23, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Nov 23, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?

the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?

1. Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in? - Similar Threads - Monitor doesn't turn

2. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...: Hello could you please help me with my problem. i recently started conecting my pc to my 4k lg tv and in the display options i selected that it should show only on the tv screen which when enabled turns the computer monitor screen off but after that i saw that there is an...
  3. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...: Hello could you please help me with my problem. i recently started conecting my pc to my 4k lg tv and in the display options i selected that it should show only on the tv screen which when enabled turns the computer monitor screen off but after that i saw that there is an...
  4. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  6. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Autoplay doesn't turn off when I plug in the headphone to the laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoplay doesn't turn off when I plug in the headphone to the laptop: Hello Microsoft community, I am using windows 10 version 1903. My problem is that I couldn't prevent media streaming softwares such as Spotify or Youtube to autoplay when I plug in the headphone to the laptop. Every time I pause the video or song, autoplay screen pops up...
  8. Monitor flickering when TV is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...
  9. HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.: Hello, I have been searching all over for the following problem: I have a normal dekstop-pc setup with a 24" monitor hooked up to the graphics card with a DVI cable. To be able to watch a movie on a bigger screen, I hooked up a standard 40" TV to the graphics card via...
  10. Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on: Hi guys, I have a Dell 23" monitor that i have been using on my desktop PC, i recently tried to connect my old TV with HDMI to it with HDMI to HDMI cable as a dual monitor set up or just to use as my default screen when watching movies. When I plug in my Dell monitor...