Windows 10: Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently about 6 days ago upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Yesterday afternoon monitor decided not to wake after sitting idle for a couple hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SteveDygert, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

Recently about 6 days ago upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Yesterday afternoon monitor decided not to wake after sitting idle for a couple hours. Computer is awake but no monitor. If I unplug USB monitor cable and reconnect, monitor will usually come back on but not always. Sometimes I have to restart computer. Checked for driver updates. Everything is up to date. Not exactly computer savvy so...…...any help is appreciated.

:)

SteveDygert, Jan 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor doesn't wake

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I have an issue with my monitor, it says auto-configure all the time when opening games software etc, and moves the screen automatically making an empty black part at the bottom of the right side I tried changing...
  6. After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...

in Windows 10 Support
    After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...: This is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3780 and a screenshot of my power options are attached. When I touch a key after I've been away for a while, the keyboard lights up and MOST of the time the display comes back. But randomly, the display stays black, forcing me to power...
  7. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  8. Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio doesn't go to TV monitor after upgrade to Win 10: Running Windows 7 Pro, I had two monitors set up: A Dell monitor, connected via VGA cable, and a LG TV, connected via HDMI cable. When I switched the display to go to the TV, the sound went with it - that it, it went thru the TV speakers rather than the speakers attached to...
  9. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...
  10. Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates: Hi! Win10 runs flawlessly, standard PC, no problems never so far, PC+Monitor goes to sleep/wakes up on moving mouse, using keyboard... all is fine, drivers are newest. Only after Windows installed automatic updates unattended, mostly at night, it doesn't seem to go back to...