Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

Discus and support Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018.

1. gdavison86 Win User

Hello all.

Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back on. It's really not a big deal because of that but its a slight annoyance.

It has been this way since i built the pc. Im not sure if its on my end or windows 10. Any help would be great.
    Thanks!

:)

gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Janeane Cru Win User

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 8, 2018
  3. eljaycanuck Win User
    Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Chestnut38 Win User

PC will NOT wake-up from SLEEP?

I appreciate you suggestion and did check out the thread. Some of the steps in the fix do not have a corresponding file in my system. My Dell computer is six years old and, when I looked for the drivers on the Dell support site, it appears they are simply
    not compatible with my system. Oddly, my monitor does go to sleep as instructed and wakes up with a keystroke. For now, I have chosen to shut down the computer at the end of the day and power up in the morning rather than try to use sleep.

Chestnut38, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps - Similar Threads - Monitor Doesnt wake

2. Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor: Yet again I have this same frickin' problem on my computer. I presume you were installing updates that I did not ask for and after that when I wanted to use my computer all the images acons and pictures are stretched and weird. Could you fix this please otherwise I will not...
  3. Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803

Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803: My tablet has upgraded itself to Windows 10@1803 I lost wifi and bt connection. Because it has been reinstalled while upgrading, Windows 10 devicemgmt.msc console do not allow me a driver rollback. Obviously the 'problem solving' wizard are useless. What can I do...
  4. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  5. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  6. my camera is not working after the updatehi

my camera is not working after the updatehi: Hi all I just had undergo an windows update in my pc but after that my camera is not working I tried to solve it but it doesn't working on can any one help me...
  7. Windows 10 borked after updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 borked after updating: Hello all, I have an old laptop, aGateway MX6959. I have windows 10 installed on this machine and it runs great on Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2212). After updating to any version since this build, my computer is messed up and a lot of stuff doesn't work. The internet does...
  8. Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor: Most of the time my computer starts up but after a short time and it does not matter where I am at my monitor starts to flicker and it goes to lines and distorted colors and my mouse freezes then the monitor shuts down. Then I'll reboot and when it comes but on the monitor is...
  9. No signal on motherboard monitors

No signal on motherboard monitors: I recently rebuilt my computer due to a minor mishap with coffee, everything is working fine up until I plug in my monitors. The monitor plugged into my Graphics card displays normally through it's one and only DVI port, it has four USB ports for peripherals. The HDMI and VGA...
  10. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...