Windows 10: Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

Discus and support Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

Hello all.

Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back on. It's really not a big deal because of that but its a slight annoyance.

It has been this way since i built the pc. Im not sure if its on my end or windows 10. Any help would be great.
    Thanks!

:)

gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

PC will NOT wake-up from SLEEP?

I appreciate you suggestion and did check out the thread. Some of the steps in the fix do not have a corresponding file in my system. My Dell computer is six years old and, when I looked for the drivers on the Dell support site, it appears they are simply
    not compatible with my system. Oddly, my monitor does go to sleep as instructed and wakes up with a keystroke. For now, I have chosen to shut down the computer at the end of the day and power up in the morning rather than try to use sleep.

Chestnut38, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

1. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps - Similar Threads - Monitor Doesnt wake

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep: Hello Microsoft Community. I bought my computer with windows 7 home edition. It was working fine. It doesn't have any problem at all. Since the update or migration to windows 10 demand by Microsoft. My PC is starting to have few issues. First is the sleeping problem......
  6. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  7. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep

Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep: After the last Windows update my remote monitor no longer wakes up when my computer is awakened. What to do? I have tried reloading the monitor drivers to no avail....
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...