Windows 10: Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

Discus and support Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

Hello all.

Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back on. It's really not a big deal because of that but its a slight annoyance.

It has been this way since i built the pc. Im not sure if its on my end or windows 10. Any help would be great.
    Thanks!

:)

gdavison86, Aug 8, 2018

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

PC will NOT wake-up from SLEEP?

I appreciate you suggestion and did check out the thread. Some of the steps in the fix do not have a corresponding file in my system. My Dell computer is six years old and, when I looked for the drivers on the Dell support site, it appears they are simply
    not compatible with my system. Oddly, my monitor does go to sleep as instructed and wakes up with a keystroke. For now, I have chosen to shut down the computer at the end of the day and power up in the morning rather than try to use sleep.

Chestnut38, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

1. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps - Similar Threads - Monitor Doesnt wake

2. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  3. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  4. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode: Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking...
  5. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  6. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...
  7. Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep: Novice- talk slow to me please I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem In my case it may have been an easier resolve if i could figure out where to change monitor setting to VGA I would attempt to wake up CPU shake mouse enter on...
  8. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...
  9. Monitor waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...