Windows 10: Monitor doesn't wake up

Discus and support Monitor doesn't wake up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arkas, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Arkas Win User

Monitor doesn't wake up

I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep.
    On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on.
    I have the latest driver for that monitor.
    From what I can see, I have also the correct settings.
    Is there anything else I can try to have it wake up with the computer?
    Thanks.

:)

Arkas, Mar 10, 2017

2. right monitor wont turn on

When computer wakes up from sleep, the right side monitor doesn't wake up and the user often has to restart the computer. Additionally the monitor has a yellow line running through the monitor in the middle.

Kevin Castellon, Mar 10, 2017
  3. 4eyed mug Win User
    Sleep problems awaking.

Installed the latest update Windows 10 on PC last week & Monitor doesn't wake from sleep. Monitor starts to wake but then appears 'DVI no signal' and monitor closes down. The PC sound as though it is waking. Maybe upon wake the PC is sending the vidio
    signal to the wrong port???

Any suggestions??

4eyed mug, Mar 10, 2017
  4. johnfox Win User

Monitor doesn't wake up

what operating system do you have?

johnfox, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

Monitor doesn't wake up

1. Monitor doesn't wake up - Similar Threads - Monitor doesn't wake

2. Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't wake after upgrading to Windows 10: Recently about 6 days ago upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Yesterday afternoon monitor decided not to wake after sitting idle for a couple hours. Computer is awake but no monitor. If I unplug USB monitor cable and reconnect, monitor will usually come back on but not...
  3. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  4. Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  5. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  6. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

2nd monitor slow to wake up.: Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues. I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both...
  9. Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning

Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning: Hello My Windows10 has suddenly started taking longer and longer for my monitor to come to life first thing in the morning. It now seems to take about 2 - 3 minutes! And it seems that I need to press the "Source" button on the screen as well. - Any advice?...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...