Windows 10: Monitor doesn't wake up

Discus and support Monitor doesn't wake up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arkas, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Arkas Win User

Monitor doesn't wake up

I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep.
    On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on.
    I have the latest driver for that monitor.
    From what I can see, I have also the correct settings.
    Is there anything else I can try to have it wake up with the computer?
    Thanks.

:)

Arkas, Mar 10, 2017

2. right monitor wont turn on

When computer wakes up from sleep, the right side monitor doesn't wake up and the user often has to restart the computer. Additionally the monitor has a yellow line running through the monitor in the middle.

Kevin Castellon, Mar 10, 2017
  3. 4eyed mug Win User
    Sleep problems awaking.

Installed the latest update Windows 10 on PC last week & Monitor doesn't wake from sleep. Monitor starts to wake but then appears 'DVI no signal' and monitor closes down. The PC sound as though it is waking. Maybe upon wake the PC is sending the vidio
    signal to the wrong port???

Any suggestions??

4eyed mug, Mar 10, 2017
  4. johnfox Win User

Monitor doesn't wake up

what operating system do you have?

johnfox, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

Monitor doesn't wake up

1. Monitor doesn't wake up - Similar Threads - Monitor doesn't wake

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Waking up second Monitor at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking up second Monitor at start up: Hello, I added a second monitor. When I power up or wake up the computer, The second monitor does not awaken. I need to power off and power on the second monitor. It otherwise works fine. Any idea what setting to adjust?...
  4. monitor waking up

monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  5. Monitor will not wake up

Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  6. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not waking up: I am new in Ten. Regardless I use daily a remote machine with Windows 10 I just installed it on my own local computer a couple days ago (I had Windows 7 on it before). My PC has a dual monitor setup both plugged to the onboard adapters of my Gigabyte mobo. The main monitor...
  7. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not waking up: I am new in Ten. Regardless I use daily a remote machine with Windows 10 I just installed it on my own local computer a couple days ago (I had Windows 7 on it before). My PC has a dual monitor setup both plugged to the onboard adapters of my Gigabyte mobo. The main monitor...
  8. After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...

in Windows 10 Support
    After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...: This is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3780 and a screenshot of my power options are attached. When I touch a key after I've been away for a while, the keyboard lights up and MOST of the time the display comes back. But randomly, the display stays black, forcing me to power...
  9. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not waking up: Hi, I'm running 2 HP monitors, through DP connection, on an HP Elitedesk 800 G4, W10P 1909. This is a clean install with all updates applied. When the screens go to sleep, the secondary screen does not wake up automatically. When i go into display settings -> Multiple...
  10. Monitor won't wake up

Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...