Windows 10: Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?

Discus and support Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I tried booting my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and now my monitor is not receiving signal. I just want to revert back to normal mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StellaWiering, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?

Hello,I tried booting my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and now my monitor is not receiving signal. I just want to revert back to normal mode, but I can't since without the monitor, I am unable to navigate any menus. Thanks.Stella

:)

StellaWiering, Sep 7, 2021

2. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Sep 7, 2021
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode?

1. Monitor doesn't work in Safe Mode -- how to revert to normal mode? - Similar Threads - Monitor doesn't Safe

2. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  3. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  4. HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Everything was fine a few days ago, and sudden after I restarted my PC, my PC cannot connect my D drive HDD drive. But when I enter safe mode, everything still work as the bug never happened!Every times I boot in normal mode and enter disk management, I can see the D...
  5. PC working in safe mode but not normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC working in safe mode but not normal: Hello everyone. So, my problem started like 2 weeks ago. While watching a youtube video my pc crashed and shut down, i try to boot it up and nothing. I open it up and remove all the cabels and put it back in and it was working normally for 3,4 days, after that it would...
  6. Revert from Safe Mode Without monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert from Safe Mode Without monitor: So I got this laptop from a friend that has no default monitor. I use an external one and I was trying to solve an issue with Riot Vanguard (an anti-cheat software) and tried to run it in Safe Mode. After booting it into safe mode I realized that it ignores the VGA cable...
  7. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  8. Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode: Hey Microsoft community! I need your knowledge right now! I rely on my PC more than ever right now while working from home and the issue I have is causing more stress than I need. The Problem For well over 4 months now, I have been experiencing a system crash that comes...
  9. how to change safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...
  10. A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode: I have Rocket League installed on my Windows PC. Recently after some changes and/or updates in my system, I'm not able to launch the game. Once double-clicking the game icon, it shows Preparing to Launch and then closes (crashes?) and nothing else happens....