Windows 10: monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode

Discus and support monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jlkowerysr, Jul 3, 2019.

1. monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode

When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on.

I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor.

:)

jlkowerysr, Jul 3, 2019
  2. CarlEdman Win User

Monitor Sleep Repositions Icons and Windows

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried turning off align to grid and rebooting in safe and clean modes. None makes any difference. In fact, rebooting does not reset the icons (which is good). But turning the monitor off and on, or allowing it to go to sleep mode does.

The only workaround I have is to disable monitor sleep completely and leave a 43" monitor running all day and night.

CarlEdman, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Katie22 Win User
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

Yes, I mean that when you manually put it to sleep, the monitor won't wake up. The default settings are to never put it to sleep (that is, after 10 minutes or 45 minutes of not using it) or whatever. I have it set that way so that it won't put itself to sleep and then I have to do a hard shutdown.
    Mizzness: sorry to hear you're also having this problem but I'm kinda glad it's not just me. I will look around the Dell Inspiron boards as well. Dalchina: thank you for the image suggestion. I'm fairly OK with computers, but this is way beyond anything I've ever tried, so I'm going to hold off. Plus, if I do an image now, it won't be correct monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode :)

Katie22, Jul 3, 2019
  4. monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode

1. monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode - Similar Threads - monitor dosen't leaving

2. Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode: I press the space bar to wake up Windows 11, the date and time display comes up and I get a box into which to enter my PIN. If I enter the PIN promptly the system comes up fine. However, if I'm not quick enough perhaps two or three minutes the screen goes blank. Pressing the...
  3. Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode: I press the space bar to wake up Windows 11, the date and time display comes up and I get a box into which to enter my PIN. If I enter the PIN promptly the system comes up fine. However, if I'm not quick enough perhaps two or three minutes the screen goes blank. Pressing the...
  4. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness not coming back after sleep mode: I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it again, the screen is very dark and it will not brighten unless I turn it off and then back on. I have updated the Radeon driver...
  5. Monitors flickers after sleep mode

Monitors flickers after sleep mode: window 10 when pc goes power sleep then two monitors starts flickring and does not detect one monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitors-flickers-after-sleep-mode/38a7a361-abd3-4f4a-a2a9-2a62ee2f75a0
  6. PC will not leave sleep mode

PC will not leave sleep mode: I have a Dell Inspiron with latest WIN 10 and last update of 1903. I have a Dell Monitor 2414. When I shut down at night, I cannot get it back on without repeated power off of PC and monitor. After an hour it comes on and shows a very brief error 'communication' then...
  7. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  8. Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate

Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate: I just built a PC and installed Windows 10 from DVD. I installed all drivers and everything seems to work OK. However, when windows shuts down the display or goes into sleep mode, the monitor wont come back on. I tab the (USB) keyboard and try the (USB) mouse but nothing. I...
  9. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...
  10. Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update: My Dell Inspiron Desktop with Win 10 recently installed 2 updates: Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3213647) and 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676). Following Cumulative Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update kb4528760 pc off on sleep mode