Windows 10: Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

Discus and support Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulaMassaglia1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor

[Original Title: Monitor Detection]

:)

PaulaMassaglia1, Oct 5, 2020

2. Windows 10: Issues with detecting and adding second monitor.

Hi, I have tried all this, when I click on detect other monitor it says didn`t detect another display

BrianBragg569, Oct 5, 2020
  3. display monitor not detected

I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen.

Steps I have tried:

1. Turning off and then turning on. both the laptop and the power source to the display.

2. Removing HDMI cable and connecting the cable again.

3. Trying to detect the second screen from display settings but i get the error "Didn't detect another display."

4. Disabling and enabling device drivers under "Display Adapters" in device manager.

5. uninstalling and installing driver under "Display Adapters" in device manager.

6. Using win + P and choosing extend display.

7. I also tried using my spare laptop (using ubuntu). And the screen extension worked. So the HDMI cable and the screen display work.

Any ideas on how to proceed with fixing the issue?

shashidhars, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

1. Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display" - Similar Threads - Monitor Error Didn't

2. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  3. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  4. Didn't Detect another Display Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Didn't Detect another Display Setting: HP Envy x360 convertible. I keep getting an error called Didn't detect another Display setting when the laptop and monitor are hooked through a brand new HDMI cord with Brand New monitor. The Display Adapter has been updated. Windows has been updated. Noting seems to...
  5. display monitor not detected

display monitor not detected: I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen. Steps I have tried: 1. Turning off and then...
  6. Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.

Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.: My HDIM connect worked and for some reason I am unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from my laptop. Error message to didn't detect another display, on setting 2 Please help **Original Title** display settings...
  7. didn't detect another display windows 10

didn't detect another display windows 10: didn't detect another display windows 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-detect-another-display-windows-10/02420d3e-da42-450c-9297-a33062ca329f
  8. didn't detect another display windows 10

didn't detect another display windows 10: Tried reinstalling drivers (including removing the driver from device manager), but the issue persists. Second monitor (TV) keeps saying "No signal". Worked first time I reinstalled but after about 20 minutes screen went black and won't come on (No signal message again). Any...
  9. Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display": Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is...
  10. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672