Windows 10: monitor failing to acivate

Discus and support monitor failing to acivate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve started encountering a problem with my desktop PC running windows 10. I have 2 monitors fed by a GeForce GTX 670 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Achitophel, May 24, 2020.

1. monitor failing to acivate

I’ve started encountering a problem with my desktop PC running windows 10.

I have 2 monitors fed by a GeForce GTX 670 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard with an Intel I 7 3770K chip.

Recently the monitors have failed to display anything when the PC is switched on – not always – but frequently enough recently to raise the alarm that this is a problem.

The PC emits its usual beep but no start up screen or any other sign of boot up occurs with increasing frequency.

I’ve tried booting to ‘safe’ – no effect ; un/replugging the hdmi cables and swapping them over – no effect ; soft rebooting and completely disconnecting from the mains. A total switch off from the manins worked twice but now even that cannot guarantee a cure - the failure rate of booting to a visible desktop is getting greater.

This is a fairly venerable machine built 2012, but has performed as a steady workhorse for years, requiring only a thorough vacuuming some time ago to deal with filth build up on internal fans.

I might add that when as now both displays are on, everything is normal, no shudders, odd noises, nothing suspicious at all.

Before I dismantle things, has anyone a pointer as to the most likely cause of this gremlin?

BTW – 1 further point.

The button battery on the motherboard. If this is replaced and I suspect it’s on its last legs, does it mean that anything has to be reset? Over the years I’ve fitted 3 extra hard drives.

I hate going into BIOS, the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard display is not a model of clarity and a lot has been lost in translation. If I can get away with not having to navigate the BIOS screen, either in its traditional or Gigabyte’s flaky schematic form, I’d add years to my life.

:)

Achitophel, May 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 24, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 24, 2020
  4. monitor failing to acivate

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 24, 2020
Thema:

monitor failing to acivate

1. monitor failing to acivate - Similar Threads - monitor failing acivate

2. GPU failing to detect monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU failing to detect monitors: Hello everyone, Windows 10 build Thermal take 850w PSU Ryzen 9 3600X* 64gb ddr4 3600k ram * AsRock B550 Mobo Radeon RX 580 XFX 2Tb ssd 1Tb ssd with C: drive and OS 16 TB HDD | My problem is simple enough but I don't know how to go about fixing it. This is a new system....
  3. Acivation process

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Acivation process: My window 10 Pro is out of licence,every time it need me to activate by using product key but i han't it,som i need to know how can i get the product key to activate my window 10 Pro?...
  4. Windows 10 was acivated, but now it requires activation again?

Windows 10 was acivated, but now it requires activation again?: I recently built a PC for the first time and I used a windows 10 product key that I bought from ebay or something similar. windows was activated without any issues but when I installed chrome and signed in with my Microsoft account, suddenly the activated windows watermark...
  5. acivation key

acivation key: I am on a Dell latitude lost product key, got key from store, and says invalid key as I cant activate windows and try to activate got error code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acivation-key/eba3741e-f6c5-40cf-b4c5-b05641d4fc64"
  6. Windows 10 upgrade will not acivate

Windows 10 upgrade will not acivate: Client has a new HP Spectre Notebook It came with Windows Home. We did an upgrade to Windows 10 online and it upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise. Now want to activate this but it will not. Says it cannot be activated at this time. error code 0xC004F025...
  7. Acivation Code

Acivation Code: My laptop was purchased with pre-installed Windows Pro about 5 years ago, it became corrupt after 6 months and Windows connected online and reloaded the system, since then fine, then today it stated my windows activation code needed activating? I tried but it would not accept...
  8. Acivation Windows after Hardware change

Acivation Windows after Hardware change: I was planned to change my PC with new hardware (motherboard, etc.). But I didn't know what to do before change it. The question is: 1. What should I prepare on old hardware before change it with new? 2. How many time I can reactive license?is there limit or no? 3. If...
  9. Child Acivity Report not in English

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Acivity Report not in English: Hi, I recently set up an account for my kid and enabled the activity report and time limits. My problem now is that both the activity report and requests for additional time emails are sent by Microsoft in Spanish and not English. I have scoured the settings for both...
  10. Failed to load hardware monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load hardware monitor: I did reset my pc clean then when the reset if finish. I was gonna install msi hardware mobo then when I click auto play on the cd then I'm getting error ''Failed to load hardware monitor this program must run as administrator'' I'm new to windows 10 84163