Windows 10: Monitor flashes on boot

Discus and support Monitor flashes on boot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i7-2600K 4.4GHz 8GB GTX 750 Ti dual monitor BenQ (DVI) and LG (HDMI) modular psu (high end, over spec, but can't remember make). LG is the #1 screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by badcrc, May 23, 2018.

1. badcrc Win User

Monitor flashes on boot

i7-2600K 4.4GHz 8GB GTX 750 Ti dual monitor BenQ (DVI) and LG (HDMI) modular psu (high end, over spec, but can't remember make). LG is the #1 screen.

At boot, the LG monitor flashes on-off around 1/sec about 20 times before it comes on fully. Windows is loading OK during this time. The problem seems intermittent, but mainly happens from cold boot 1st thing in the morning. Restarts are mainly OK.

I've tried re-seating the card and power connectors, swapping leads but, due to being intermittent, what seems to have fixed it is always a false result. The LG is only VGA and HDMI, so swapping things around is limited. nVidia driver is the latest.

This problem happened after the May upgrade. Also, the LG shows as generic PnP in device manager (but shows as LG 27MP35 in Aida 64). SFC /scannow found errors and fixed them to no avail.

Anyone ever seen a flashing monitor ? I'd appreciate some pointers.

:)

badcrc, May 23, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 29, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Monitor flashes on boot

1. Monitor flashes on boot - Similar Threads - Monitor flashes boot

2. FLASHING BOOT BLOCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FLASHING BOOT BLOCK: Hello. Help me, i was updated the bios but when flashing boot block its stuck and i tried to hold the power button for 5 seconds, then it's turn off but i can't turn on my PCModel: HP 14s-cf1051TUHelp me please...
  3. My monitor screen is flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor screen is flashing: my monitor screen has been flashing for about 3 days and I’ve tried almost everything to try to fix it. I am almost certain this is not my monitor since I tried another monitor and it still flashed.I still don’t know if this is a virus or hardware problem please help....
  4. Monitor "flashes" on Zoom.

Monitor "flashes" on Zoom.: My monitor "flashes" Like the flash of a camera taking a picture when I'm in a Zoom meeting. It happened about 4 times in a 30-minute Zoom meeting last night. It looks almost like an open "tab" will try to display through the Zoom screen. Any suggestions for fixes? Buy a new...
  5. Flashing underscore on boot

Flashing underscore on boot: So I've recently had some problems on rootkits,bootkits,malware,etc. Some weird stuff was happening, so I took my laptop to micro center for a diagnostic. the results came back, and apparently the "hard drive failed". I bought a new nvme m.2 1 tb ssd and replaced the old...
  6. Taskbar flashing after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar flashing after boot: My pc lately has been really weird after boot, it shows a black screen and the taskbar starts flashing, and after 5 or 10 minutes everything goes back to normal, I already reinstalled windows keeping files and apps and the problem persists. I saw this pattern happening in the...
  7. Monitor black screen flashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor black screen flashes: hi, about 1.5 months ago I finally ditched my iMac and decided to buy a PC. Having no problems until just recently when I had to unplug everything and take it out of my room due to it being carpeted, everything was perfect. However, now since I've plugged everything in, my...
  8. Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED: Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flashes-osd-locked/948d70c8-950c-41af-b3bb-92319a5608fb
  9. monitor flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flashing: As soon as the computer is cut on the monitor starts flashing. Have checked the monitor and it is good. What can be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flashing/fdb400d3-c261-457a-9892-7a248cae48c0
  10. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. benq screen logo Monitor flashes on boot