Windows 10: Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

Discus and support Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife's HP desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition, is flashing the display on for half a second then off for a few seconds on boot up. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dana Hanford (Dana), Aug 25, 2019.

1. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

My wife's HP desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition, is flashing the display on for half a second then off for a few seconds on boot up. This has been going on for about six months. When it started, it would do this for a few minutes, then stabilize as if something had warmed up. Over time the flashing duration has increased, so now it takes 15-20 minutes to stop flashing.

I have updated the drivers and run several different malware checking programs and virus scans, which all came back with nothing found. The video board is part of the motherboard I can't swap it out. I know the problem is with the computer, since it does it on both the display port and the vga port and swapping the port and swapping the monitor doesn't help.

Any ideas?

:)

Dana Hanford (Dana), Aug 25, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 25, 2019
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

Windows 10: Issues with using Cold Turkey and getting error message "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cold Turkey\web\stats.pol' is denied.".

Hi Aaron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings or app is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application", are you getting any error code along with the error message?
    • When you say that "installed a productivity app on my laptop called Cold Turkey", have you downloaded the app from Windows Store?

I suggest you to follow the methods below to uninstall the app and then try to reinstall the app from Windows Store. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to uninstall the
    Cold Turkey from apps settings.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on System.

4. Click on Apps and features.

5. Search for Cold Turkey app and click on it.

6. Then click on Remove to uninstall the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to reinstall the Cold Turkey app from the Windows Store and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/music/album/beki-****/cold-turkey/8d6kgx6n8q0m

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with using Cold turkey on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

1. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold - Similar Threads - Monitor Flashing Off

2. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off: Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving any results (eg it won't accept the words "on" "and" or "off"), "Flashing", gives no results etc. That's just as an aside...
  3. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  4. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  5. monitor off at computer start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor off at computer start: In our company we have fleksible working time so people can come at work from 7-10 am. I have some activity to sheduled at morning 6.30 when computer start up and it is ready for user to use it at 7 am. Now I want monitor Off when computer start up and it will turn on when...
  6. my computer off the monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer off the monitor: hi, the monitor is off when i play a game, in every game no in one specific, this is not a driver problem or gpu problem or monitor, i know is the operative system, anyone have this same problem ?...
  7. flashing screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...
  8. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  9. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...
  10. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...