Windows 10: Monitor Flickering Issues

Discus and support Monitor Flickering Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anonymous12349876, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Monitor Flickering Issues

Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw.
    Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens when a quick motion happens on the screen; never when it's still. I highly doubt it's a internal problem in my monitor because when I had Linux this issue never occurred. Sometimes it just straight-up stays black until I exit out whatever I'm in I've had to Alt+F4 a lot of things. It happens every other day as well, like say today it was working normal, tomorrow it wouldn't be working, but then the next day after that it would, and then repeat. And yes, I've checked 6 times at this point that yes, my graphic drivers are in fact updated. My friend who built my computer in the first place doesn't know what's happening or he does, but he's just too lazy to fix it and tells me to just not use full screen which ticks me off.

If any of this information helps, here it is:
    GPU: Radeon RX 580
    Monitor: Acer SB220Q
    Monitor originally came with a VGA cable to plug in, so I had to get an HDMI cable for it.
    Yes, I've checked connection with the cable
    Yes, I've checked for driver updates

Yes, I've tried clean booting

Drivers are from manufacturers website

UPDATE: I've figured out that it occurs after I've left my PC off for a long amount of time like when I go to sleep. Also, it fixes it everytime I restart my PC. There are some games that work, and some that don't. Every fullscreen game flickers. The only exceptions is if it helps you to know the titles Geometry Dash, which never works right yes, I've reinstalled it multiple times it flickers whether or not I've restarted. Even after the clean boot it only worked for a little longer than usual before it went back to flickering, and then there's The Joy of Creation: Story Mode horror game FYI. The Joy of Creation has always worked, and has never flickers ONCE no matter what I've messed with its settings, it has always worked perfectly fine. The only difference with this one is I downloaded it after I activated Windows 10. Oh, and Geometry Dash was the first game I ever got If you don't count Steam as a game.

:)

Anonymous12349876, Jan 4, 2020

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Jan 4, 2020
  3. windows 10 flickering issue

Hi,

To help you with your concern with flickering monitor, we suggest that you perform the steps on this

article

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 4, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Monitor Flickering Issues

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Flickering Issues

1. Monitor Flickering Issues - Similar Threads - Monitor Flickering Issues

2. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  3. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  4. Event ID 10016 Monitor Flickering Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 Monitor Flickering Issues: Posting for posterity, I have had an Issue with my monitor shutting off and back on randomly and the only thing I could link it to was an error in the event viewer, I've found many people with this issue but no solution was every really posted in any forum thread, I'm posting...
  5. Monitor Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  6. Monitor flickering issues

Monitor flickering issues: Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens...
  7. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  8. Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor: Hello, So I recently purchased a new 1070 Ti graphics card for my PC. I was able to install it without a hitch. I have installed every available windows driver and restarted my PC several times. The main issue is that when I get into certain screens in games, like being...
  9. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...
  10. Flickering Issue

Flickering Issue: Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while! I have a Pc that is flickering when opening certain applications. Googling around says that if I bring up task manager and it flickers, it's a display driver issue. It's an Optiplex 3050 and updated via dell...