Windows 10: Monitor flickers while laptop is charging

Discus and support Monitor flickers while laptop is charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have an Asus Rog GL552V since 2018. Because of the increasing amount of working time from home, last week I bought a new monitor and upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iahim Daniel, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Monitor flickers while laptop is charging

Hello! I have an Asus Rog GL552V since 2018. Because of the increasing amount of working time from home, last week I bought a new monitor and upgraded the laptop with extra 8gb of ram and a SSD. I kept my old HDD for storage and installed Windows 10 on the SSD.

The only problem is that the monitor is flickering and that ONLY happens when the laptop is charging. When on battery, everything goes perfectly. I tested the monitor for hours on my old laptop and it works Ok. I changed the hdmi cable, updated the drivers from manufacturers site and updated Windows. Also the laptop is functioning fine when not connected to the monitor, charging or not.

I really have no idea what to do...

:)

Iahim Daniel, Mar 12, 2021

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Monitor flicker

Hi,

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest following the steps provided in this
    article and see if it will work for you.

Get back to us with the result if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Monitor flickers while laptop is charging

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Monitor flickers while laptop is charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Monitor flickers while laptop is charging

1. Monitor flickers while laptop is charging - Similar Threads - Monitor flickers while

2. laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...: while laptop is on its not charging when its off its charging also charger plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-on-charger-plugged/cfdf7932-a0e8-4906-8963-f789ddb7e955
  3. Laptop won't charge while powered on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't charge while powered on.: Hello, I recently got a HP OMEN AX243DX handed down to me by a family member and for some reason I can only get the laptop to charge when it is shutdown. When it is powered on and I plug it in the laptop detects the charger but only says "Plugged In' for maybe 5 seconds then...
  4. Laptop screen flickers depending on where I charge it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen flickers depending on where I charge it: I´ve been dealing with this issue for a very long time and it´s getting pretty frustrating because I still don´t know what the problem is. Pretty much, I have an acer nitro and I´ve been having flickering issues, but only when I have the charger plugged in in my room, and not...
  5. Laptop lags while Plugged in charging

Laptop lags while Plugged in charging: Hi everyone, I have a problem, my Laptop lags while Plugged in charging . I got dell inspiron 3480 about a year ago. I am facing a problem of lag while i am gaming or just web surfing. i have tried to fix the problem by changing additional power settings in power option and...
  6. Monitor Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  7. Laptop running slower while charging

Laptop running slower while charging: My new laptop, acer aspire e15 runs fine when unplugged, but when plugged, it goes really slow. I have it set on max settings on battery (but if you have any ideas that I might have not done, tell me), and I use the charger that came with the laptop. Is there anyway to stop...
  8. Laptop making sound while charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop making sound while charging: Most of the times when i put my lap on charge it makes some differnet kind of sound. what is it and how to solve it. ***Modified title from: Sometimes a different kind of sound my lap makes ?***...
  9. monitor flicker

monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  10. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my screen flickers when charging

2. monitor screen flashes while charging