Windows 10: monitor freezes but computer doesn't

Discus and support monitor freezes but computer doesn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors right now. They are Samsung S22D300 and AOC 2269W. I have the AOC as the primary. At some points when I am on my computer, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sammyandsam, May 16, 2015.

1. monitor freezes but computer doesn't

I have 2 monitors right now. They are Samsung S22D300 and AOC 2269W. I have the AOC as the primary.

At some points when I am on my computer, they both freeze. I then tried unplugging the primary one. The second monitor (Samsung one) works just fine. I then plug it back in and it still frozen. This happens when I alt tab from Minecraft.

I have the lastest drivers for my graphics card, which is Geforce GT 720.
    Any help?

:)

sammyandsam, May 16, 2015

2. Video TDR Failure Windows 10

While using my computer it will suddenly freeze then the monitor will not detect anything and go black. I can hear computer running but it doesn't sound right. Sorry for bad english. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix?

DeadishDodo, May 16, 2015
  3. My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

So, I've been having this problem for months now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's at least once a day, My computer has no dust in the fans, nothing is blocking them either, so overheating is out of the way, I think it is more than likely software.

The one BSOD stop code I can remember is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR" "win32kbase.sys", the last one always changes, sometimes it just isn't there. That BSOD happened about an hour ago.

When it doesn't BSOD it just freezes, usually with a loud pop in my headset, when it freezes my monitors stay on, same as my keyboard and mouse, but I cant do anything on there the audio doesn't work and the fans and lights inside the computer stay on, I
    have no idea what is happening, and am desperate to fix it.

Thanks.

AlexHolmes1658, May 16, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

monitor freezes but computer doesn't

Try running minecraft in windowed mode

5. I found this under my event log right before my computer booted off.

Code: The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\dhahelper.sys the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table[/quote] I'm not sure if that helps.

sammyandsam, May 16, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Monitors don't freeze but drivers for GPU can. Try reinstalling/ changing GPU drivers.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

monitor freezes but computer doesn't

1. monitor freezes but computer doesn't - Similar Threads - monitor freezes computer

2. USB monitors freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB monitors freezing: I have a pretty strange problem. I have two big monitors that always work fine but I recently got two smaller USB monitors. These monitors are powered off of a USB 3.0 powered hub and are frozen all the time EXCEPT for when I play a video game. I would have thought that it...
  3. Second monitor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor freezing: My second monitor, a sony smart tv KD-43X80J stopped displaying properly after a recent driver update. It will just freeze and display the image that was on screen and flicker like that and the only way i have found to temporarily fix it, is to change the refresh rate...
  4. Second monitor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor freezing: My second monitor, a sony smart tv KD-43X80J stopped displaying properly after a recent driver update. It will just freeze and display the image that was on screen and flicker like that and the only way i have found to temporarily fix it, is to change the refresh rate...
  5. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  7. Computer hanging / freezing - mouse doesn't move and computer needs to be restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer hanging / freezing - mouse doesn't move and computer needs to be restarted: Hi, I've posted before and slowly worked through issues on the computer recently. There is one remaining problem which is where the computer will hang mouse stops moving only when using Photoshop / a DAW something intensive Here is the event viewer file -...
  8. Monitor doesn't turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't turn on.: I installed Windows 10 in my desktop. Since then, often when I try to restart after a "sleep", the monitor doesn't turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-doesnt-turn-on/f1c4f63c-711b-4f9b-8990-d851c080fa16
  9. Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up: Hello, I have a problem with my computer where the computer sometimes seems to "freeze up". By freezing up, I mean that the computer starts to freeze and then for a second or two I can move my mouse again and the computer is responsive. It repeats this process maybe three or...
  10. Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezes Daily, Event Monitor not helping: I built a computer for my boss a while back. It is a 7700k with a quadro p1000 and ASRock Extreme4 Z270. I can't put my finger on exactly when it started but it was about 2 months ago if I had to guess. Basically it will freeze up once or twice a day. Seems like usage or open...