Windows 10: Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

Discus and support Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CPal2, Nov 25, 2021.

1. CPal2 Win User

Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my local password. Any help would be great. I can't get into my computer!

:)

CPal2, Nov 25, 2021
  2. anaron Win User

Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Nov 25, 2021
  3. William40 Win User
    My monitor goes black

Hi

I have two monitors and my primary monitor (144Hz) goes into black screen at random times but my secondary monitor (60Hz) never does. I have AMD PC with x570 motherboard and CPU 3800x , 5700 GPU. I have radeon driver updated to last version. Is there any solution to this ? I am ready to try anything.

Thanks

William40, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

My monitor goes black

You receive that error if the USB is in the incorrect port, it should go in the USB 1 port.

Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC" [​IMG]

Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC" [​IMG]

Bastet, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC" - Similar Threads - Monitor goes black

2. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant: i have updated my drivers, theres no new updates on my pc, i've factory reset my computer twice, reinstalled and uninstalled valorant, and it still keeps happening. i've done everything a riot dev has told me to do and it's still happening.my specs are processor: 11th Gen...
  3. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant: i have updated my drivers, theres no new updates on my pc, i've factory reset my computer twice, reinstalled and uninstalled valorant, and it still keeps happening. i've done everything a riot dev has told me to do and it's still happening.my specs are processor: 11th Gen...
  4. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC: Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with Windows 10 with one Monitor on my desk, and a secondary screenconnected via HDMI on the graphics cards 2ndary port . 2ndary...
  5. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC: Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with Windows 10 with one Monitor on my desk, and a secondary screenconnected via HDMI on the graphics cards 2ndary port . 2ndary...
  6. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  8. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  9. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...
  10. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...