Windows 10: Monitor goes black when opening programs and web browser

Discus and support Monitor goes black when opening programs and web browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My monitor has started to go black if I open Microsoft Outlook, IE, Word, Google Chrome. If I turn the monitor off and back on again I see the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drew1000, Jul 21, 2017.

1. drew1000 Win User

Monitor goes black when opening programs and web browser

My monitor has started to go black if I open Microsoft Outlook, IE, Word, Google Chrome. If I turn the monitor off and back on again I see the screen for about a second and it goes black again. If I close my browser during the second I see the screen then it remains on OK. When I boot up as long as I do not open up a program the monitor is fine. I can open file manager and navigate between folders with no issues. Then if I open up Outlook I get the screen going black again. Any help much appreciated. I do not have another monitor to try but as said earlier it is fine when I boot up and do not open any programs so I think the monitor is ok. Regards

:)

drew1000, Jul 21, 2017

2. Open any Programs on any Monitor I want?

I want to open a program on any Monitor by click on a program on a Monitor where I want to open at or tell Windows 10 to open a program on any Monitor I want.

The only way for me to do that. I have to move the Window Screen to Monitor I want it to open and close it. Then open a program and it show up on Monitor I want.

I always have Web Browser open on my Main Monitor. But, if I'm gaming on Main Monitor. I want to open Web Browser on Second Monitor without minimize the Fullscreen Game on Main Monitor.

Is there a way to open a program where I click on a program on a monitor where I want to open at or tell Windows 10 to open a program where I want to open at without closing a program on a Monitor where I want to open at?

I'm using Windows 10 Creators Update and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060.

Thanks

ABOhiccups, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Monitor goes Full Black unexpectedly while Gaming

My PC Monitor goes full black while gaming or when I exit a game. It is very unexpected and happens anytime. The monitor goes black as if there is no signal coming from motherboard/ PC. Please help me fix this issue.

Here is an event log when this issue happened - Black Screen While Gaming Event Logs.evtx

arman chandok, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Champ Win User

Check all cable connections first connected properly and securely, make sure all updates are up to date, run a virus scan with multiple malware programs 1 at a time & use programs like ccleaner to help clean system, if still not resolved restart machine and recheck issue resolved if still not run chkdsk/d & sfc/scannow separately check for results, restart machine, still not fixed you can power down machine and if you safetly know how check that the ram is seated correctly or take out and reseat anyway and if you have graphics card check same thing but before you attempt any of these two things make sure main power chord is disconnected from computer case and drain the computer of power by pressing power button mutiple times and make sure your holding the computer case chasis to remain grounded and or have an esd strap on before touching any computer components to prevent static discharge, once down power case backup and recheck, if still playing up try doing a clean boot and see if you have any software conflicts going on anywhere or boot into safe mode and recheck that way, you can try dism commands in command prompt to repair your image.

Champ, Jul 21, 2017
  5. drew1000 Win User
    Thanks for reply, tried everything suggested and it did not make any difference. Eventually tried a new monitor and problem solved. I was convinced it was a software issue as it only happened with certain programmes but now resolved.

drew1000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor goes black when opening programs and web browser - Similar Threads - Monitor goes black

2. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  3. Monitor Goes Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Goes Black: Hey, My current setup is an Acer Laptop with windows 10 connected to an acer monitor and an OLD Lenovo MonitorMy laptop to Acer Monitor works perfect. However, my old Lenovo monitor screen is black and immediately goes into power saving mode when connected to my laptopI...
  4. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  5. Screen flickers and goes black when using any web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers and goes black when using any web browser: Ok, new computer, i9 10900K processor, ASUS prime Z490 board, GEFORCE 3080, Windows Pro OS. I keep getting a flickering black screen when I open any internet browser have tried Opera, IE, Edge, and Google. I've reinstalled my OS, updated video drivers several times, and...
  6. Second monitor going black when certain programs are opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor going black when certain programs are opened: Using the slideshow function on Powerpoint (which defaults to my second monitor), opening Maya (where my toolbars and such are on my second monitor), and even the snipping tool will always cause my second monitor to shut down, or go black, I'm not sure honestly. The light...
  7. Monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes black: My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account. Is this a computer...
  8. Screen goes black when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when opening certain programs: Hi, this issue started recently. No software or hardware changes were made around the time. I have 3 monitors, and whenever I open certain programs, one of the side monitors will go black. I have ruled out loose connectors, and other hardware issues, as it's usually the...
  9. Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.: I don't know why the web browser is still very slow in opening a web page. I've never had this problems before in my old windows 7 until this new windows 10 was installed. Can MS please fix this I fill like I have a dial-up web browser on a high end computer that is trying to...
  10. When I try opening a program on my laptop...my web browser opens too

in Windows 10 Support
    When I try opening a program on my laptop...my web browser opens too: The browser then opens a Microsoft site...then opens the same site again and again until I have countless pages open. This causes my computer to overload and eventually shutdown. Help! 105046