Windows 10: Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

Discus and support Monitor goes dark for a few seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bought this desktop recently, not even 2 weeks ago and this monitor was bought about 1 month and a week ago, so they are both quite fresh equipments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PleaseNeedHelppt, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

Bought this desktop recently, not even 2 weeks ago and this monitor was bought about 1 month and a week ago, so they are both quite fresh equipments

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Hexa Core

ASROCK Phantom RX 580 8GB

ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING

8GB 2x4 RAM CL16 Ballistix 2400 Mhz

SSD 480GB Ultra M8S BlueRay

Monitor:

HP 24x 24'' - 1 ms - 144 Hz - AMD FreeSync

I've searched a bit about this problem and I haven't been able to fix it.

Tried using different refresh rates, I've tried 144,120 and 60.

Tried installing all the latest drivers in all the components.

Tried changing the power saving settings.

Tried changing the brightness of the monitor.

Tried capping the fps in games so it wouldnt require so much power off the gpu.

This flashing dark screens happen a bit frequently but it happens more with some apps than others and it doesnt usually happen while I'm just browsing or not really doing anything special.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but while playing my gpu is always at 99/100% usage, could this be the problem? Is there anything I can do to solve this or is it a hardware issue than I can't fix? Even tho the hardware is recent

:)

PleaseNeedHelppt, Dec 30, 2019

2. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled as well, everything else stays on.

I have to go to back of my pc and turn it off at the power supply and turn it on again to get the screen back and my power and reset buttons back then rinse and repeat all over again. Sometimes my desktop pc just randomly reboots instead of the monitor going
    dark.

Real pain in the ars. My pc is a custom build and everything is new except the monitor, I had someone with a brand new monitor plug it into my pc and his screen went dark also so it is not my monitor.

My System

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Ryzon 5 1600

ASUS B350-F MB (Brand New)

ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 8GB (Brand New)

Thermaltake Toughguard Gold 650 watt Sync edition (Brand New)

Samsung 250 GB Eco 860 SSD

Brand New monitor cable

SHOOT2THRILL, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 30, 2019
  4. kayt---01 Win User

Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

6288 - screen goes dark after 15 seconds

Hi

Have just purchased a 6288. Screen goes dark after 10 - 15 seconds if you don't touch the keypad - very annoying if reading a message. Have turned Power saver and sleep mode off, but screen still goes dark. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?

Thanks

kayt---01, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

1. Monitor goes dark for a few seconds - Similar Threads - Monitor goes dark

2. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  3. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  4. External monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds, every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds, every few minutes: TL;DR Solution: buy active adapter to connect monitor to dock. Problem: I am having this issue with Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock new version - v2? + External Monitor. Context: This old post from 2015 was closed without a clear answer:...
  5. Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds: I connected an LG IPS234 monitor to my wife's HP laptop using an HDMI conversion cable. When I first connected it it worked fine. But after my wife powered down and up the next day it stopped working and hasn't worked since. The power goes on and off every few seconds. Right...
  6. Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time: My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??
  7. Monitor going black for few seconds

Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  8. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  9. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK: My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled as well, everything else stays on. I have to go to back of my pc and turn it off at the power supply and turn it on again...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...