Windows 10: Monitor goes grey

Discus and support Monitor goes grey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My friend in Viet Nam has a pc but it has an issue. Whenever he plays games after around 10-15 minutes, the monitor turns grey and becomes no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hoang An Le, May 31, 2021.

1. Monitor goes grey

Hello, My friend in Viet Nam has a pc but it has an issue. Whenever he plays games after around 10-15 minutes, the monitor turns grey and becomes no signal, but he can still hear the game's music in the background. This only occurs when he plays games. He had tried change the monitor, cable, and update drivers still no luck. Furthermore, he brought his pc to other people's houses to try it; however, his pc works fine. So do you what causes this issue?

:)

Hoang An Le, May 31, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

2560x1440 IPS 27" LED Monitor on the Cheap!

With IPS panels they always seem to list ms in Black to white (or black to black) TN panels they use grey to grey. This particular monitor lists it as 6ms. That would be 2ms grey to grey. *Smile Monitor goes grey :) I'm currently using a 5ms g to g monitor.

erocker, May 31, 2021
  3. RAV
    Rav Win User
    Win 10 won't boot after screen goes grey.

I did almost everything like you wrote, except

select partition 3
    detail partition
    select partition 4
    detail partition
    select partition 5
    detail partition

I only got two partitions so I thougth this was not nescesery. I hope I was correct.

Here are the results:

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Then I rebooted, but the result was the same as in first post.

And here are the results for the last four commands:

Monitor goes grey [​IMG]

Again, reboot and same thing.

BTW, I booted from USB stick with the Win 10 that I have used to instal that version of Windows. All the commants in command prompt was done int the command prompt from USB stick. Was this ok, or I should have use command prompt from installed OS?

4. Sasqui Win User

Monitor goes grey

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Monitor goes grey

1. Monitor goes grey - Similar Threads - Monitor goes grey

2. Monitor Goes Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Goes Black: Hey, My current setup is an Acer Laptop with windows 10 connected to an acer monitor and an OLD Lenovo MonitorMy laptop to Acer Monitor works perfect. However, my old Lenovo monitor screen is black and immediately goes into power saving mode when connected to my laptopI...
  3. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  4. 2nd monitor is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  5. Dual monitor goes to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor goes to desktop: Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a fullscreen app on it. How can I keep the fullscreen app playing while also using my secondary monitor? submitted by...
  6. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  7. Monitor goes black

Monitor goes black: My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account. Is this a computer...
  8. Monitor does not goes off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor does not goes off: I have set my power option to go off the monitor after 20 minutes and computer to go off - Never. But the monitor never goes off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-does-not-goes-off/2de13d24-ac74-49f0-8ea8-60a732db1a44
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663