Windows 10: monitor goes into sleep mode

Discus and support monitor goes into sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emurskp, Mar 3, 2019.

1. emurskp Win User

monitor goes into sleep mode

If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!

:)

emurskp, Mar 3, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Using 2nd Monitor with Laptop and Goes Into Sleep Mode

Hi Charlie,

If your second monitor goes in to Sleep mode after connecting it to your laptop, it could be that some settings of the Power Options in Windows 10 are incorrectly configured. We recommend that you restore all power settings to default and see if the second
    monitor still goes to Sleep after connecting it. Here's how to restore the power settings to default:

• Press the Windows logo key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select System > Power & sleep, then select
      Additional power settings.
    • From the Power Options dialog box, select Choose when to turn off the display, then select
      Restore default settings for this plan.

After setting it to default, observe if the issue persists. If it does, kindly connect the second monitor to another computer and see the problem is observed. Also, kindly use a different HDMI cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Larry3408 Win User
    Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Mar 3, 2019
  4. hjbreese Win User

Music stops playing when monitor goes to sleep

So, what is the correct answer to this question? Is there a setting in Groove we are missing that will allow us to listen to music after the monitor goes into power saving mode? If not, then, the point you are missing is that we are asking for a feature
    enhancement to allow us to listen to music after the monitor goes into power saving mode.

hjbreese, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. monitor goes into sleep mode - Similar Threads - monitor goes sleep

2. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  3. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  4. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  6. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason: Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have...
  7. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  8. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  9. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  10. Goes out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes out of sleep mode: Dear forum Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again. My problem is that if i want to go to bed, and put sleep mode on, then it turns on by it self after a while. Yesterday evening it did it after...