Windows 10: Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

Discus and support Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My default graphics is integrated so when i turn it off in the device manager to let my dedicated gpu work my monitor goes to microsoft basics default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IshaanBarthakur, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

My default graphics is integrated so when i turn it off in the device manager to let my dedicated gpu work my monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines instead of rx 5500m.

:)

IshaanBarthakur, Feb 15, 2021

2. Microsoft Basic Display Driver Urgent

Windows Vista and 7 used to allow some XP drivers to work in XDDM mode. Is there a reason why Windows 10 doesn't allow it?

Windows 7's Microsoft Basic Display Driver, or VGA Safe or whatever it was called at the time, allowed high resolution monitors to operate at their native resolution, including some of my 1920x1200 screens. Is there a reason why Windows 10's Microsoft Basic
    Display Driver supports so very few resolutions?

I downloaded Intel's last driver for the 915GM, which was designed for XP. Microsoft's compatibility troubleshooter automatically detected that XP SP3 would be a good compatibility setting for the INSTALLER of that driver. Good work by Microsoft's user-mode
    compatibility developer. However, when Windows tried to switch over to that driver, an unknown error occurred (which was surely due to withdrawal of XDDM support) so Windows switched back to Microsoft's Basic Display Driver, which only goes up to 1280x1024.

Why not let the Basic Display Driver handle whatever resolution the monitor actually has?

Norman Diamond, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

1. Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines - Similar Threads - Monitor goes microsoft

2. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  3. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  4. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver: hi, i finally got my PC up and running in windows 10. i have a small problem, instead of my intel iGPU in my i5-11400 showing up, Microsoft Basic Render Driver is. my PC is really lacing performance and i dont know how to go from Microsoft Basic Render Driver to intel UHD...
  5. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver: hi, i finally got my PC up and running in windows 10. i have a small problem, instead of my intel iGPU in my i5-11400 showing up, Microsoft Basic Render Driver is. my PC is really lacing performance and i dont know how to go from Microsoft Basic Render Driver to intel UHD...
  6. File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines: I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the zipped folder. I extracted them, I restarted my computer, I've tried what I thought might fix the issue, but still every time...
  7. microsoft basic render driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic render driver: I tried running cs:go on it through steam, but it said that my microsoft basic render driver does not support the game. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the display parts, it didn't work. What should I do?...
  8. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  9. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...
  10. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver: I just got an ibuypower desktop with a gtx 1060 and an i7 8700. I tried running cs:go on it through steam, but it said that my microsoft basic render driver does not support the game. However, I didn't experience any issues with fortnite. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...