Windows 10: Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

Discus and support Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I play 3d games such as DOOM and Forza, after about 10 minutes my monitor will stop receiving a video input and go to sleep. This doesnt seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rafaeljabba, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

When I play 3d games such as DOOM and Forza, after about 10 minutes my monitor will stop receiving a video input and go to sleep. This doesnt seem to be a problem with the monitor or hdmi cord, because i have replaced both of those. Some advice is needed, thanks!

:)

rafaeljabba, Sep 11, 2021

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Music stops playing when monitor goes to sleep

Ok, I don't know if it is just my old computer (that I keep upgrading) but using Groove Music, when the monitor goes to sleep, the music stops. I can use Media Player or Zune and it will continue playing after the monitor goes to sleep, like it is supposed
    to, but Groove Music stops playing. As soon as I use the mouse or touch the keyboard, it starts again. But why does it stop in the first place? Is there a setting I am missing?

Leanna H-F, Sep 11, 2021
  4. BABriones Win User

Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

My monitor goes to sleep

How do I prevent my monitor from going to Sleep , Running Windows 10. All my setting on my monitor and computer are set "To Never Sleep. I will be using my computer and it will randomly go to sleep, and I can not wake it up. I end up having to power it down
    then back up to use my computer. My computer will still Keep running , but my monitor goes to sleep. If I am online and playing game some times it will go to sleep 5 or 6 times in a hour, and some times it will not go to sleep for several hours.

I have a Dell with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BABriones, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

1. Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games - Similar Threads - Monitor goes sleep

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  4. Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game: Figured id start a fresh thread for people who may have similar issues to me. been having issues with specifically windows 11 and my monitors never turning off after playing a game. i can use windows 10 and it isnt a issue, its only with windows 11. my best friend and my...
  5. Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game

Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game: Figured id start a fresh thread for people who may have similar issues to me. been having issues with specifically windows 11 and my monitors never turning off after playing a game. i can use windows 10 and it isnt a issue, its only with windows 11. my best friend and my...
  6. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  7. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  8. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663