Windows 10: Monitor goes to sleep

Discus and support Monitor goes to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Oct 29, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

Monitor goes to sleep

I have gone into settings and set
    Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this?
    I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also.

What part of don't switch of does windows not understand?

:)

otuatail, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Raymond Ave Win User

Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, Oct 29, 2018
  3. BABriones Win User
    My monitor goes to sleep

How do I prevent my monitor from going to Sleep , Running Windows 10. All my setting on my monitor and computer are set "To Never Sleep. I will be using my computer and it will randomly go to sleep, and I can not wake it up. I end up having to power it down
    then back up to use my computer. My computer will still Keep running , but my monitor goes to sleep. If I am online and playing game some times it will go to sleep 5 or 6 times in a hour, and some times it will not go to sleep for several hours.

I have a Dell with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BABriones, Oct 29, 2018
  4. hjbreese Win User

Monitor goes to sleep

Music stops playing when monitor goes to sleep

So, what is the correct answer to this question? Is there a setting in Groove we are missing that will allow us to listen to music after the monitor goes into power saving mode? If not, then, the point you are missing is that we are asking for a feature
    enhancement to allow us to listen to music after the monitor goes into power saving mode.

hjbreese, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Monitor goes to sleep

1. Monitor goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor goes sleep

2. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.: Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look...
  3. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...
  4. Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.: The second monitor goes completely black without an active window or app on that side. Moving the cursor over does NOT wake it. I have my display extended with monitor 1 the main display. Monitor 1 does not go to sleep. This seems to be by design and not any sort of...
  5. Hard Drive goes to Sleep

Hard Drive goes to Sleep: I have an HP Pavilion desktop pc (model no 500-120ea) running Windows 10. After a few minutes of not requiring access the built in hard drive (C drive) appears to go sleep. The reason I say that is that if I suddenly need access e.g.. to open or save a file I hear the hard...
  6. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  7. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  8. Sleep on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep on Monitor: Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix? 34569
  9. Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.: Running a fairly fresh install of Windows 10. (not upgrade). Was having no problems. I really like Windows 10 so far. I upgraded my graphics card from gtx650 to a gtx960 this is when a minor problem began. The monitor turns off after 10 minutes, even if I have 'NEVER'...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.: Hello, First of all, I can't remember when and how this started, but definitely after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. So, my screen (Acer LCD, connected to GTX 560 with 1 meter DVI cable) started going black (power light on, background light completely...