Windows 10: Monitor going into power save mode

Discus and support Monitor going into power save mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danny-UK, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Danny-UK Win User

Monitor going into power save mode

I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within minutes, it will give me a black screen on the monitor telling me it is about to go into power save mode.

The PC is still running when the monitor goes off, well both monitors I have 2. Now before anyone says change power save settings, I have done that several times, restarted and still the same. I've even read up on changing the registry power settings to enable the hidden timeout or turn off monitor and changed that to never also, still the same.

I then went into device manager and went to Generic PnP monitors, then properties and in events it is giving me some information, I don't know what it means but I will post it here hoping someone else will know, it states:

Device DISPLAY\ACI24A4\5&24e74614&8&UID4357 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\OVR0004\5&24e74614&6&UID4354

Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F102

Present: false

This goes back to November 2019 in events tab but i've never noticed it restart so many times like it has recently, it seems to have got worse. I now experience many restarts everyday which is not good. What else can I do to repair this? I've tried reinstalling the display driver manually from the LG website and that has failed also. Any help appreciated. Thanks

:)

Danny-UK, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Cliffy-HC Win User

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Cliffy-HC Win User
    Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

If I leave my PC for (roughly 15 mins) a while the monitors (two of them, one is a Dell and the other an LG) go into power saving mode. On moving the mouse, or pressing the keyboard nothing happens. I have to restart the PC. This happens every time now
    after the upgrade to Win 10. I checked I have the latest video driver. Any suggestions?

*Trying to find a similar post on the internet is difficult as all the results are for when the computer goes into sleep mode. This is NOT the case of the computer going into sleep mode.

Thanks

Cliffy-HC, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Monitor going into power save mode

monitor stuck in power save mode

I am using a VAIO laptop. My Dell external monitor, which has worked fine for years, is stuck in Power Save Mode following a November Win10 update. I've switched to HDMI from VGA and back to no avail.

I did a System Restore to weeks earlier, and the monitor started to work. However, as soon as Windows saw that I "needed" an update, I was back to the same problem.

A simple fix, if it can be done, would be to change Windows or the St2010 monitor so that the monitor never considers going into Power Save mode. I don't know how to do this. Or, do you have another idea?

ChuckNeuenschwander, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Monitor going into power save mode

1. Monitor going into power save mode - Similar Threads - Monitor going power

2. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  3. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  4. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  6. Power saving mode

Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  7. Power save mode

Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen keeps going into power saving mode.: just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2 different screens the same thing? any idea whats going on? also when it goes in this mode i have to reboot the pc because i...
  9. Monitor goes into power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes into power saving mode: Hello,i have a problem with my dell S2216H monitor.When i try to boot into windows when litle circle starts spinning my monitor goes into power saving mode and i cant get out of it. I tried to get ram and battery out and rub it but it didnt help,i also disabled power...
  10. New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode: I recently upgraded my monitor to an Acer XR341CK. I still have the Samsung Syncmaster 2343 mounted on the side (now portrait). When I get up and leave my desk, I always "lock" my pc via the Windows 10 lock option. When I only had my Samsung monitor, the display would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung sync master 941 bw stuck in power saver mode